1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3 Million Illegal Aliens to Flood the U.S. This Year

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JGrubbs, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No, but the implication is that the Aztlan movement is subscribed to by most Mexican Americans. Nothing could be further from the truth. There are a lot of additional presumptions that are made, such as the presumption that most Mexicans are illegal. In fact, most Mexicans are legal, and many of them are decended from the original inhabitants of the region who were there when the south west territories became states. Another presumption is that most brown-skinned folks are Mexican. That is another falsehood. Many are Central American, or South American.

Picture this scenario: If someone looks at the KKK, and then associate all or most whites with KKK beliefs, that person is espousing racist attitudes towards whites. Certainly, most whites don't espouse anything close to what the KKK represents. Likewise, to presume that all or most Hispanics espouse Aztlan beliefs is espousing a racist attitude upon Hispanics.

Finally, I do find it interesting that one bit of hypocrisy on the topic often rears its head. When folks in the South cry "secede", it's seen as patriotism. But, if a Hispanic in the Southwest says "secede" all of a sudden, it's treason. Go fig.

PS - I want to add that none of this is directed at Lady Eagle. She and I have our differences, but I think we mutually respect each other enough to respectully disagree on some topics. While LE brought up the subtopic of, as you out it, the Mexican movement, the response in this post is not intended to reflect on her viewpoint.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Uhhh, sorry, but your info isn't correct. The ultraliberal 9th circuit court struck down a law that restricted public education in California to only legal residents. BTW, notice that you said "birth certificates". A birth cert is only id for native born citizens. Legal immigrants, such as permenant legal residents, and naturalized citizens don't have a US birth certificate. I'm not a native born citizen. I always have to have a copy of my citizenship cert handy.

I will agree in regards to most of the spanish speaking kids having every right to be there. The vast majority are legal. They typically are kids of immigrants who haven't mastered English enough in the home. I don't have a problem with teaching English in the schools. It's good policy.

Being a former non-citizen myself, I can say with experience that non-citizens aren't treated as second class citzens, they're typically treated like subhumans by citizens, regardless of their nationality. Sad, but true. As far as the government, non-citizens do have most, but not all, the same rights that citizens do. As a non-citizen, had I been convicted of a serious enough crime, I could have been deported back to my country of origin.

Here, I agree with you. When Texas, California, and Arizona joined teh union, the majority language was Spanish. In fact, California's Constitution was written in Spanish and English. This was more than 150 years ago. Even going back to the early days of the US, a significant number of US citizens spoke German and Dutch as their primary languages. English is today the primary language not by law, but by economic trend. In namy parts of the country, there are regional languages that locals must have some basic grasp of. In some parts of the nation, they're still big Dutch and German speakers. In some parts, Polish, Italian, French or Yiddish. In my neck o'the woods, it's Spanish.

Unfortunately, there's much truth to that statment. Here in the OC, my observation is that such persecution most often comes from Anglos who are new to this region.

3. Rooster

Rooster New Member

lets see , according to the artical posted about the "reconquista" it says some mexicans not all mexicans , and it has also went on to tell about a Mexican terrorist group, made up of the Mexican Army, along with mercenaies from North Korea, Russia, and other communist lands , have already fired upon American Border Patrol officers , and terrorized American ranchers. Which I have heard first hand reports, and interviews of such Boarder Patrol Agents, and ranchers on the Goerge Putman show "talk back".
    and whay about MEChA, "the student movement of chicanos of Aztlan, are you willfuly blind to this information, or a suporter of MEChA?

That sounds like a movment to me. And MEChA is not secret about it either, in fact I have heard some rambleings from collage professors, that are MEChA supporters as well, true not all mexicans are not civil rights activist, and I never stated they were, in fact I know for a fact that there are mexicans that belive the same way I do, once agian listen to the George Putman "talk back " show, and you will hear it for yourself.
    And did I ever say otherwise? In fact I state that I have no greivence with Mexican - Americans that are here legaly, they have the right to be here. It is the People, not just Mexicans that come here illegaly, that I am talking about, and there are many out there.
    I get what you are saying here, and supurisingly enough, I agree with you.
    Just out of curiosity, you have made this statment a few times if I'm not mistaken, and I don't wish to dog on you about were you are from, just curious , were are you from originaly?

4. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Do you suppose the problem might be that people will hire them, even knowing that they are here illegally?

Do you think that one solution might be for those people to stop employing such people?

5. Rooster

Rooster New Member

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Maybe, it's not as bad as we sometimes think it is.

The thing is, the illegals have kids who are citizens,and they won't work for $3.00 an hour. They want to be like everyone else. This happened with the Irish and the Germans, and the Italians, and so on...

At one time, in New Orleans, they used Irishmen to unload the boats, because it was cheaper to hire a new Irishman than to replace a dead slave.

7. Rooster

Rooster New Member

I see were you are coming from, but how is that suposed to make one feel better about being replaced by someone willing to work for $3.oo an hour, or the people who will take a pay decreace because the pay standard is getting lower due to ilegal's setting a lower pat standard by working for $3.00 an hour? And did I mention, those ilegals that are not paying taxes, how are we supposed to support an increace in population if the majority of ilegals are not paying taxes, like you and me, why should we lower our standardf of living so we can hire cheaper help? I guarentee the inflation of the cost of living is not going down, have you priced gasoline latly, or the cost of a gallon of milk? Having ilegal's in our counrty does not help matters , and what about the explosion of traffic on the freeway, I don't know if that affects you were you live but in Southern California, it does. and health care, and social security, don't even get me started there, there is a system set up for people to become citizens of the United States, granted it is not perfect, but it is there, for good reason, with out it the future of our beloved country is at jepordy. It is not far fetched of and idea for a war to break out right here in America over this particular subject, "remember the Alamo", "Those who scoff at the idea of a Mexican take over of the southwestern United States don't understand history, and they underestimate Mexicans".

8. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

I know that having a percentage of the population in the U.S. that does not pay taxes and works for so much cheaper does not help the economy. However, the cost of gas prices and milk is not entirely their fault. It's not even mostly their fault. The effect that they have on the U.S. economy, in the big picture, is very minimal.

Becca

9. Rooster

Rooster New Member

The Estimated Cost of Illegal Immigration

Illegal alien workers may increase profits for employers, but they are costly to the American taxpayer. Most illegal aliens have low educational attainment, few skills, and they work for low wages, often in the underground economy where they pay no taxes on their earnings. Since about three million illegal aliens gained legal status in the amnesty of 1986, the flow of illegal immigration has increased, and today that population is estimated at 9-11 million illegal alien residents in the country. The former Immigration and Naturalization Service estimated that the illegal alien population was increasing by about half a million aliens per year in 2000.

The Huddle Study
    Because the number of illegal aliens can only be estimated, similarly the fiscal cost (government budget outlays) for those aliens can only be estimated. Dr. Donald Huddle, a Rice University economics professor, published a systematic analysis of those costs as of 1996 (see table below). The study also estimated the tax payments of those same aliens.

At that time, the illegal alien population was estimated to be about five million persons. The estimated fiscal cost of those illegal aliens to the federal, state and local governments was about $33 billion. This impact was partially offset by an estimated $12.6 billion in taxes paid to the federal, state and local governments, resulting in a net cost to the American taxpayer of about $20 billion every year. This estimate did not include indirect costs that result from unemployment payments to Americans who lost their jobs to illegal aliens willing to work for lower wages. Nor did it include lost tax collections from those American workers who became unemployed. The study estimated those indirect costs from illegal immigration at an additional $4.3 billion annually.

During the years since that estimate, the illegal alien population is estimated to have roughly doubled, so the estimated fiscal costs also will have at least doubled. Furthermore, the passage of time is accompanied by inflation in the costs of services, e.g., school budgets continue to climb. Therefore, what was estimated to be a cost to the American taxpayer of $33 billion in 1996 today would be at least $70 billion. Similarly, tax collections would have increased — sales taxes at least — so that the net expense to the taxpayer from illegal immigration would currently be at least $45 billion. The indirect fiscal costs would have also increased, especially during a period of already high unemployment, to perhaps and additional $10 billion annually.

1996 Costs Table from the Huddle Study 1

Programs
    (billions)

Public Education K-12 $5.85

Public Higher Education $0.71

ESL and Bilingual Education $1.22

Food Stamps $0.85

AFDC $0.50

Housing $0.61

Social Security $3.61

Earned Income Tax Credit $0.68

Medicaid $3.12

Medicare A and B $0.58

Criminal Justice and Corrections $0.76

Local Government $5.00

Other Programs $9.25

Total Costs
    $32.74

Less Taxes Paid
    $12.59

Net Costs of Direct Services
    $20.16

Displacement Costs
    $4.28

All Net Costs
    $24.44

Other More Recent Estimates
    Other estimates have been done on components of the cost of illegal immigration. For example, FAIR estimated in 2003 that the cost of K-12 education for illegal alien children was at least $7.4 billion annually (see Breaking the Piggybank). This would be less that double the about $5.9 billion estimate above, but would be of the same order of magnitude. FAIR’s 2004 report on the medical expenses incurred because of illegal immigration (see The Sinking Lifeboat) shows uncompensated costs in excess of one billion dollars.

The cost of incarceration of illegal aliens in state prisons has also risen rapidly. In fiscal year ’02, the Department of Justice’s State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) distributed $550 million to the states to help defray their expenses, but this was estimated to cover only about one fifth of their outlays. Between FY'99 and FY'02, alien detention increased by 45 percent (from about 69,300 inmate years to over 100,300 inmate years), and that trend is continuing. These expenses do not include the costs of illegal aliens incarcerated in federal prisons, public safety expenditures, detention pending trial, expenses of trial proceedings, interpretation, public defenders, or the incarceration expenses of immigrants for minor offenses that do not meet the standards of the SCAPP reimbursement program. Therefore, it is clear that outlays for Criminal Justice and Corrections costs is today much greater than double the 1996 estimate.

While the cost of outlays for illegal aliens may be shifted by legislation among the levels of government and the private sector, the fact remains that illegal immigration creates an enormous fiscal burden on America and its citizens — a burden that Congress has levied upon us through short-sighted and haphazard immigration policy and succeeding administrations have aggravated by spotty enforcement of the law.

A Call for Action
    Americans should demand that Congress and the administration work together to establish control over our borders and the interior of the country so that we have the assurance that aliens, whether immigrants or visitors, are legally present in the country. That objective is of vital importance for the sake of national security as well as for the impact on our tax bills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Educating Illegal Aliens Costs States $7.4 Billion a Year

States are spending $7.4 billion annually to educate illegal alien students-enough to buy a computer for every junior high school student nationwide, finds a startling new FAIR report.

In some states, the amount of money spent to educate illegal alien children accounts for a substantial portion of the state budget shortfall; in New Jersey, for instance, it accounts for 28 percent of the total state budget deficit.

Breaking the Piggy Bank: How Illegal Immigration is Sending Schools Into the Red points out that with states straining under gaping budget shortfalls, public schools throughout the country are facing some of the most significant decreases in state education funding in decades. In some states, drastic cuts mean lay-offs for teachers, larger class sizes, fewer textbooks, and eliminating sports, language programs, and after-school activities. Nearly two-thirds of the states have cut back or proposed reductions in support for child care and early childhood programs. Some are even shortening the school week from five days to four.

"State budgets are funding illegal immigration at the expense of schools and their students," says FAIR's Dan Stein. "In a time of fiscal crisis, states cannot afford to bankroll the federal government's unwillingness to enforce immigration laws."

Providing K-12 Education to Illegal Immigrants: Costs to States

In California, the $2.2 billion spent educating illegal immigrants for one year could buy books, computers, and other instructional equipment for 346,689 classrooms, 79 percent of all the classrooms in California, and fully fund the state's free lunch program for poor students for almost two years.

In Texas, the $1 billion spent educating illegal immigrants for one year could provide health insurance to every child in Texas for three and a half years. State budget cuts are expected to trim tens of thousands from the Children's Health Insurance Program, and 22 percent of Texas's children already lack health insurance, the highest percentage in the nation.

In New York, the $756 million spent educating illegal immigrants for one year could put a computer on the desk of every high school student in the state.

In Illinois, the $484 million spent educating illegal immigrants for one year could eliminate the need to cut $38 million from the state's financial aid program by denying financial aid to 34,000 college students and grant aid to an additional 399,120 students.

In New Jersey, the $359 million spent educating illegal immigrants for one year could expand pre-school enrollment by 23,652 children, which would allow the state to achieve its court-mandated pre-school enrollment in poor school districts.

In Florida, the $309 million spent educating illegal immigrants for one year could eliminate the need to cut $120 million from K-12 schools, with $190 million to spare.

In Georgia, the $231 million spent educating illegal immigrants for one year could eliminate the need to cut $14 million from the state school budget and $35 million from the state university system, with $181 million to spare.

In North Carolina, the $196 million spent educating illegal immigrants for one year could cover the cost of textbooks for all schools in the state for two years.

In Arizona, the $187 million spent educating illegal immigrants for one year could eliminate the need to raise in-state tuition by $1,000 a year in the state university system, with $150 million to spare.

In Colorado, the $141 million spent educating illegal immigrants for one year could buy books, computers, and other instructional materials for every K-12 student in the state.

"This data provides yet one more illustration of the costs of turning a blind eye to illegal immigration and should provide further impetus for states to demand that the federal government finally take effective and decisive action to restore integrity to our nation's immigration laws," notes Stein.

For a copy of FAIR's report, call (202) 328-7004 or read it online.

* Maine, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming were calculated together because the INS estimates their data as a group. In order to estimate their cost, the average expenditure per student was calculated.

You want to tell me that ilegals don't have an impact on our financial situation? :eek: open your eyes, it is not a free ride brother :eek: [​IMG] I wish it were then life would be easy for everyone, not just us white people, like you claim.

10. JesusInFirstPlace

I never said that life is always easy for white people! I just said that there is prejudice in the world, and Mexicans have to deal with a lot of it. When you were in school were there many Mexicans at your school? Because I am in school now, so I see how many more problems they have to face because they are Mexican-american.

And, wow, it is really sad what is being spent on illegals. However, I fail to see the corrolation of why they are to blame for the high gas prices... if you can explain it, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Becca

11. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Its like this, ilegals are not responsible for the cost of gas, they are responsible for the lack of money one has to pay to get the gas, is that clear? and were I live there are a great number of Mexicans, and when you get them together in large groups, like at my highschool that I attended, they become violent gang thugs, and when you mess with one bean, you get the whole burrito, when I went to school the white kids were the minority, and we were the ones faceing problems, because we were not Mexican. I guess it goes to prove life is hard for everyone not just mexicans.

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Originally from Indonesia. Most of my family had either Dutch or Indonesian citizenship (Indonesia used to be a Dutch colony).

Making a long story short, my family came here when I was a tyke. My mother applied for citizenship for herself and myself when I was stilla minor. But the INS mislaced our paperwork... twice. On the third time, the paperwork was processed, but my then, I had reached my 18th birthday, and had to apply on my own. I just barely became a citizen a few months before the next presidential election. I voted with pride that year. I think it's the only time I ever dressed up to vote. I've been a proud American citizen ever since.

Thank God, too. My command of the Dutch language is incredibly poor these days [​IMG] .

13. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Originally from Indonesia. Most of my family had either Dutch or Indonesian citizenship (Indonesia used to be a Dutch colony).

Making a long story short, my family came here when I was a tyke. My mother applied for citizenship for herself and myself when I was stilla minor. But the INS mislaced our paperwork... twice. On the third time, the paperwork was processed, but my then, I had reached my 18th birthday, and had to apply on my own. I just barely became a citizen a few months before the next presidential election. I voted with pride that year. I think it's the only time I ever dressed up to vote. I've been a proud American citizen ever since.

Thank God, too. My command of the Dutch language is incredibly poor these days [​IMG] .
    </font>[/QUOTE]Congradulations johnv, This is a true "american dream" story [​IMG] , sounds typical for the "system" to lose paperwork, or mess things up ;) glad it worked out though. thank you for the reply.

14. JesusInFirstPlace

Rooster~

Well, I understand your point about the lack of funds caused by a large amount of illegals in this country. Thanks!

And I know that there is always a possibility for any ethnic group to be singled out. But for the moment, I was just talking about Mexicans. In my area, the Mexican-American students are not the thugs, but everyone expects them to be. Some of the kindest, most pure-hearted Christians I know are Mexican-American, but people automatically assume that they will end up on drugs, in prison, having babies out of wedlock, etc. It is so sad!

And people don't automatically assume that of me, which is why I think they have to deal with more than I do.

Becca