1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 3 Reasons to NOT See Noah!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 2, 2014.

?
  1. Most definitely [please explain]

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. No [please explain]

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Wasn't planning to watch it anyways, and I like the article.

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  4. The article is way off base, I saw Noah, and liked it [please explain]

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep. Look at the number of folks staying away from the church. It centers around the hypocrisy and lack of love of folks in the church not treating folks the way Jesus says to. The loveof many is growing cold.

If the proper characterization of the love of Jesus was coming out of the church, folks would be flocking to it just as they did when HE was here preaching His love.

Hollywood ain't responsible for that mischaracterization. The church is. As I've asked many times in the past, why is the church known much more for what it is against than who it is for? Why is the church known much more for what it's against, than loving people?

So you want statistics, go stand on a street corner and ask anyone who passes by why they don't go to church if they don't. Guarantee that they will point out hypocritical, unloving Christians as one of the primary reasons.

Not loving our neighbors as ourselves is evident. Look at this board.

http://holysoup.com/2013/09/04/4-reasons-the-majority-stay-away-from-church/

#21 Zaac, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm really surprised people are making a big deal and screaming out warnings. It's not like it isn't all over the place that this isn't a movie made for people who want the Bible version of the story, so why are Christian groups wasting their time going and analyzing it just to say it really isn't? The guy who made it already said that. Maybe they just really wanted to go see it. LOL

I wouldn't go because I typically don't like those types of movies, because I don't like the guy's attitude who made it and wouldn't want to spend money on him, and because I can't sit still that long for any movie, even if I WANT to see it. I generally wait until it comes out and take a few tries to get through it.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So my wife dragged me out to see the movie…

It has explosions, chases, blood and guts gore, even women (just not enough).

There were some redeeming features but they were obscured by the terrible plot line.

It might have been called:

Noah and the Transformers

Noah and the Hobbit

Noah and Hermione

Noah and the Pirate of the Caribbean

Noah the Lunatic

It was the worst movie I've ever seen!

It should be out on DVD rather quickly.

Rob

#23 Deacon, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :applause::smilewinkgrin::applause:

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

My sentiments too. The anti-Jesus crowd wants us to get heated about the inaccuracies. What should really upset folks is that the movie is just awful and not worth the time spent in the theater to watch it.

I too think it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen and that's not because they butchered the Bible rendering of Noah, but because the movie just all around sucks.

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

You guys aren't the first I've heard say this. My understanding is this is Russell Crowe's worst movie ever.

7. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here’s the Effect the Controversial ‘Noah’ Movie Is Having on Bible Sites [LINK]

According to YouVersion, after the film’s March 28 opening, there was a 300 percent increase in the U.S. and a 245 percent increase globally of those individuals using the app to access Noah’s story in Genesis 6.

Bible Gateway, an online website providing full access to the Bible, last week announced a similar major increase in those reading the Noah story.

Following the film’s release, Bible Gateway reported a 223 percent increase in the reading of Genesis 6-9 when compared to the previous weekend.

The American Bible Society also sampled a portion of its Facebook followers in the wake of the film’s release and found that 87 percent of respondents were reading the Noah story as a result of discussions surrounding the film, the Christian Post reported.