1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3 stabbed, 2 fatally, by man hurling racial slurs at Muslim women on Portland train

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, May 27, 2017.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ring-wing inspired Islamophobia. Who was the terrorist here?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Two people died Friday and another was hurt in a stabbing on a Portland light-rail train after a man yelled racial slurs at two young women who appeared to be Muslim, one of whom was wearing a hijab, police said.

Officers arrested a man Friday afternoon who ran from the train, The Oregonian/OregonLive reported. The paper identified the man as Jeremy Joseph Christian, 35, and said he is being held without bail, citing jail records.

Before the stabbing the assailant on the train was ranting on many topics, using "hate speech or biased language," and then turned his focus on the women, police Sgt. Pete Simpson said.

"In the midst of his ranting and raving, some people approached him and appeared to try to intervene with his behavior and some of the people that he was yelling at," Simpson told The Oregonian. "They were attacked viciously."

Police: 3 stabbed, 2 fatally, by man hurling racial slurs at Muslim women on Portland train

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean the Koran does not allow for Jihad against enemies of Allah?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the score now, those killed by islamic terrorists v. those killed by anti-slammic terrorists?

And boy, I don't recall a similar thread you began when the Dallas police officers were sniped.

5. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread is gross. There isn't a scoreboard. People don't need to be harassing people for being Muslim. A human being lost his life but hey, count one for my partisan politics.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Agreed.

There is no excuse for violent hatred resulting in murder.
    The attacks, whether from Muslims or those claiming to be Christian, come straight from hell. There is only one proper response. Denounce evil and call it what it is. There is no justification of evil merely because one group has performed more acts of evil than another group. Evil is evil no matter who does it!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Brad the Baptist

Brad the Baptist New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right wing? No. Left wing? No. Sin wing? Yes.
    It could have been just as easy for Christians to get murdered. Granted, there is a lot of hatred going on, especially lately. To categorize whether it's from right or left wing doesn't pinpoint the problem. The problem of sin. Islamophobia is a cute buzz word though. Just like homophobia. Both are manufactured. The Globalists would like us to believe the problem is bigger than it actually is. These New World Order approved words are framing people's minds to get people to think, act, and live as "one."

Who was the terrorist here? The murderer. What inspired it? Sin. On a global scale, the #1 group of people being persecuted for their faith isn't the Muslims, it's Christians. I have yet to hear the word "Christophobia" though, nor do I expect to.

8. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

LOL ~ Nothing whatsoever in the very article you provided said ANYTHING about the man fearing Islam, nor stated his political views.

But thanks for your irrelevant comment.

police Sgt. Pete Simpson said.
    "It wasn't clear why the man was yelling"

Not news, domestic terrorists exist. We see it repeatedly from the Left-wing political supporters every time they interrupt a Republican rally.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brad the Baptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've got an irrelevant comment myself. It's interesting how CAIR came out in a quick response to this tragedy, yet not a peep about the bombing in Manchester. It seems to me that Muslim apologists are quick to condemn Islamophobia, yet seldom condemn what is being done in the name of their god. Their silence is deafening.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the people who tell us not to judge all muslims by the actions of a few terrorists now want to condemn right wing politics over the actions of tis criminal.

How about we get a judge, get a jury, and get a rope ready?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Brad the Baptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aren't these the same people who say there are more Christian terrorists (I guess that would mean domestic) than there are Muslim? They like to quote Timothy McVeigh as one of them. (He's not even a Christian). Then they'll bring up abortion killing bombings. Still, not done in the name of God, but done in the name of an agenda. Speaking of which, agenda-driven media seems to gloss right over what is being done to Christians in other parts of the world in favor of casting a nice light on Muslims. Come to think of it, the agenda-driven media also glosses over gays being thrown off rooftops, rape by Muslim refugees, and a host of other things too graphic to post, just so we can all "feel good" about this geographical Jihad America is facing. By the way, Jihad comes in three steps. The first is occupation of a land. Southern California has mosques popping up all over. Hmmmm. I'd like to comment on the next stage, but I don't want to be labeled as an Islamophobe. (LOL)

12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thee are millions of videos of Muslim leaders condemning it. People hear what they want to hear.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brad the Baptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Millions huh? Cite your sources please.

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Google is your friend. I'm not writing a thesis here I'm just stating what is readily available public knowledge.

15. Brad the Baptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew you couldn't. Neither can I.

16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No you didn't. You are one of those that seek confirmation bias so you only absorb information that serves your worldview. You can do simple google searches and come up with tons of hits on this if you were really curious. It took me 15 seconds to pull up numerous cases of Muslims shouting down violence. You aren't curious though, you are just trying to save face on a comment that we both know isn't true.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you are either not telling the truth or don't know how to type words into google? Which is it?

Edit: I don't want to come off as mean spirited here so if you are legitimately interested or need help then I will help.

#17 Use of Time, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  18. Brad the Baptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You were the one who brought up the "millions of videos of Muslim leaders condemning it" not me. So if you brought it up, perhaps you should be the one to back your claim up with a source. That's how it works.

19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Muslims condemn Manchester attack - Google Search

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith: