1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

30th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 12, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Planned Parenthood's Springfield (Illinois) Area affiliate has scheduled free events Sunday and Jan. 22 in recognition of the 30th anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion nationwide.

A non-denominational "remembrance service" will be held from 5-6 p.m. Sunday at First Presbyterian Church in Springfield.

The service will recognize doctors and others across the United States who have been killed because they offered legal abortion services, said Judith Barringer, chief executive of the local Planned Parenthood. The service will feature clergy members of varous faiths.

These events will be sponsored by the UIS Women's Issues Caucus and UIS College Democrats, with support from the First Presbyterian Church, Business and Professional Women of Illinois, Prairie Flame newspaper, Illinois Chapter of the National Organization for Women and Planned Parenthood.

I wonder how many "remembering services" will be held that day for all the babies who have been murdered in the last 30 years? :mad:

2. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

I know of two "remembering" events here in Wisconsin.
    I'll be outside with a group of many other brothers and sisters in Christ street-preaching, witnessing and speaking-out against abortion during their event.

Anyone else?

[ January 12, 2003, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: JamesJ ]

3. I Am Blessed 24

Hi James [​IMG]

We have several acres of lawn on one side of our church. Our youth group has made 420 white crosses and will put them in the ground this week. There will also be a large sign explaining that each cross stands for 1,000 babies that have been murdered by abortion in the last 30 years.

Our town only has a population of 16,000 so I am sure the local newspaper will pick up on this.

It is our prayer that if people drive by and see all those crosses; maybe the enormity of it all will change some hearts. [​IMG]

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blessed, is that 420,000 in Illinois? That is horrendous.

We will have a march and candlight service here at the state capital in Cheyenne.

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

GOD BLESS YOU FOLKS!!!

It's great to see churches involved in an attempt to stop the bloodshed. How sad that so many will let the day pass (and all other days pass) with hardly a notice of the innocents being led to slaughter.

We will have a pro-life missioinary (not that all missionaries shouldn't be pro-life, but this is a special pro-life minnistry) for the morning SS hour and worship service. Wish we were doing more but it's a start and I am praying that we will become more active and effective.

Too bad someone mowed down a few of the killers (I guess) but we probably won't mention them.

6. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is that supposed to mean? :confused: :(

7. I Am Blessed 24

Yes, Dr. Bob;
    Sadly, those 420,000 are in Illinois alone. My finite mind cannot even imagine the number if the other 49 states were added. And that number represents only the abortions that were performed legally and reported. [​IMG]

8. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

What is that supposed to mean? :confused: :( </font>[/QUOTE]I don't know what you don't understand about it. It was with reference to a previous post.