1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

30th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by bb_baptist, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Acts 1:8

Acts 1:8 New Member

Just had another thought...Somtimes when dealing with a problem I take a holistic view of it. In other words, what causes the problem that causes the problem that causes the problem?

All problems such as abortion, poverty, suicide, crime, homosexuality, ect are the result of Godlessness...Thats the problem with our culture. Thats one of the bigget unseen factors in abortion.

2. Catholic Dad

Catholic Dad Guest

I hope you will forgive my intrusion here--I am a Catholic (as if my handle did not already give a hint of that) and I know that this is a Baptist only forum. If my reply is out of place, I ask the webmaster to remove it.

Baptist Believer asked:

"What are some ways that we can change the culture of the Western world?"

I would like to relate something that happened to my daughter in school just a couple of weeks ago.

She is taking a Debate class and the teacher asked each student to write on a piece of paper (and turn it in) some issue he or she feels very strongly against. My daughter wrote "abortion." The teacher then asked the students to prepare an oral presentation for the class taking the opposite view. My daughter told the teacher that she would take a zero on the assignment before she would argue in favor of abortion especially in front of students who might be swayed by her talk. She (my daughter) was visibly shaken for the rest of the day. In her next class, one of her female classmates asked her what was wrong. She explained about the assignment. The other girl (I'll call her Jane--I don't know her name) asked my daughter why she was so opposed to abortion and she told her. My daugher was able to change the topic of her talk after a few back and forths with the teacher. Yesterday, Jane came to my daughter and revealed that she was pregnant and had been thinking of getting an abortion. After listing to my daughter, Jane (against the wishes of her parents) has decided to have the baby and put it up for adoption.

I believe that this is the only way we will truly win the battle of abortion--by changing the hears of our young people--one heart at a time if necessary.

Catholic Dad
    (who will now go back to lurking only on this forum as I should be)