1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3rd Party or "lesser of two evils" again?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Mar 29, 2007.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

A good principled politician would do what is morally and constitutionally correct, regardless of whether the majority of his constituents agreed or not, because he would understand that we should not be a democracy where the mob rules, but instead a Constitutional Republic. They would know that "Of the people, by the people, for the people" is not found in our US Constitution, and was never spoken by any of our Founding Fathers.

2. Brother Randall

Brother Randall New Member

Exactly. I'm voting Constitution Party. The reason: The democrat and republican parties have failed this country.

Unfortunately, the average voter doesn't really examine the issues the candidates believe in and what's best for this country. But instead relies on their emotion, what's in it for me mentality, media drivel, and political sound bites in formulating who they intend to vote for.

#22 Brother Randall, Mar 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2007
  3. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Hey, I changed my voter registration to the CPA last year also. But my wife is still holding out for the Republican Party to change.

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I don't think we have met yet, I see you are in Lakeland. I am down the road in Sanford. I am the Constitution Party of Florida's Webmaster and the Seminole County Chairman. Welcome to the Party!

5. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Has the CPA identified any frontrunners for President?

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The New York affiliate of the Constitution party has left the National party over the abortion issue. Where does Fl and the rest of the Constitution Party stand on the issue?

Salty

7. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

BTW, Has the CP chosen a nominee for 2008? I hear all this talk about the party but no names. Will it be Jerome Corsi? Roy Moore? Howard Philips? Who?

8. Bismarck

Bismarck New Member

Imagine you are standing before God Himself on Doom's Day. You are standing before YHWH-Elohim Himself.

YHWH-Elohim consults his case file on you.

"It says here you willfully voted for major party candidates in every November election", sayeth YHWH-Elohim. "The major parties advance the cause of evil, and you wittingly, of your own free will, supported them, over and over no less."

"Yes, but... I always supported the lesser evil. I could have done worse, I could have supported the Democrats!", you reply.

"So it is your testimony before Almighty God that He should spare you Hellfire because you could have done even more evil damage to His Creation than you willfully chose to do?", sayeth the Messiah standing at the Right Hand of YHWH-Elohim.

"Yes, but, but, I could have done worse, it seemed right to me to support the lesser of two evils as a stopgap measure, I mean, I couldn't support a third party candidate because the major media assured me they would never win!" you stammer.

"Have you not read what YHWH-Elohim has had put in writing, for the past 3,000 years no less:

There is a way that seems right to a man,
    but its end is the way to death. (Proverbs 14:12)​

?" comes the reply. "Your dossier says you frequently complained that the Major Media always lied about everything, yet you trusted them that all your third party candidates could never win?? Perhaps you think hypocrisy is Godly??"

May Almighty God forgive my great impudence in attributing words to Him, and His Messiah. May I only say that I, Bismarck, foresee and foretell that you wittingly and willfully backing evil, in any way shape or form much less a major party candidate, will not look good on your resume before YHWH-Elohim.

9. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I thought that a person went to hell for rejecting God's only begotten Son, not for who he voted for at election time.

10. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

When I stand before almighty God on judgement day, I will plead the blood of Christ on behalf of all my sins, and my record will be spotless, and all my human error will have been forgotten, with my sin cast as far as the east is from the west.

Tell me what is less "sinful" about the Republicans compared to the Democrats. I see both as having an equal degree of both bad and good, from a political perspective, and as far as Christian convictions are concerned, neither of them meets the mark. I don't see third party candidates being much better, if any. We live in a fallen world. Neither salvation nor the Lord's favor comes as a result of who we elect to political office. So I have to vote for the candidate who I think will do the best job of protecting the country, protecting my constitutional rights, and promoting policies for the general welfare. If it turns out that's a third party, it doesn't really matter. I've done my job as a voter.

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You can skip an office in these new machines. I've done it a few times.

12. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

Follow the instructions for a write-in candidate, and put your own name in there, then cast the ballot.

13. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

We're in Polk County. We're currently overseas, and we voted by absentee ballot in the last election, for which no CPA candidates were running. Mainly it was judges, school board people, of course the big U.S. Senate race and the U.S. House race, so we basically ended up voting Republican by default.

14. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Actually, I think the BIG TEST is whether we can spell, and pronounce, YHWH-Elohim. Ya gotta get that right, folks! It's not as EZ as it looks! It's practice, practice, practice that makes perfect!

Shalom!

:thumbs: