1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

5 years ago today, my daughter was diagnosed with a pancreatic tumor

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by annsni, Apr 7, 2016.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Praise God that she was taken care of by some of the best surgeons in the country who helped her physically but even greater praise to God who actually healed her. For those of you not around during that time, you can read her story here:

http://lifeonthesound.blogspot.com/2011/05/solid-pseudopapillary-neoplasm.html

Interestingly enough, I thought about 2 Corinthians 1:4 on Friday when my dad went into the hospital for heart surgery. There was a woman in the pre-op area who was very nervous and a doctor walked in to introduce himself as the surgeon who would be doing her cancer surgery. I could tell right away from the back of him and his voice that it was Lauren's doctor. He had moved from New York Presbyterian/Columbia Medical Center to Winthrop Hospital on Long Island. He spoke to her and then left to prepare for surgery and she broke down in tears with her husband. She was so scared and I was able to walk over to her, tell her about my daughter's surgery and let her know that she was in the best of hands. She was MUCH more at peace after I told her who her doctor was and that I would pray for her. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. PinkFlowers

PinkFlowers New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read your daughter's story. Wow. What a blessing that she has recovered so well and also that you were able to comfort someone else at the hospital with her story.