1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

55 Die in US from COVID-19 Vaccines

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SGO, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Laugh:Laugh:Laugh

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    WHAT - Race should determine who first receives the shot first!!!

If Trump had said that Whites should be first - can you imagine the uproar.....

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Democrats want their party to get the vaccine first. Under socialized medicine, party members get preferential treatment. The pandemic has shown beyond a shadow of doubt that Democrats politicize medical treatment.

4. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    JonC ,

Please forgive me again for being a crabby old man in post #16.
    Would you be willing to forgive me again?
    You could also delete that post and any others.

For those out there that feel good after they tear another brother it lasts a very short time and the other sets in for much longer.

5. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    yes they do. Imagine under Biden care, if your a critic of Biden, they will not want to treat you with the same level of care, I can easily imagine that.

Ok, now, me, the wife, my daughter's family have no interest in lining up to get that vaccine. And my daughter is now pregnant and I warned her not to get vaccinated.
    My son in law, also has in his own mind decided he's not going to be vaccinated and his job in the shipyard wont require him to be, and he is relieved they wont make them get it.

And then you have significant numbers of medical people, like nurses, firemen, etc... who have no desire to be vaccinated.
    Some of the objections are it is too rushed, and no one yet knows long term complications.

My old parents in their upper 80's did ask my opinion, but what can I say, they are old and maybe it would help them seeing they are at the end of their natural lives to live a little longer in case they get exposed. But young people have many many years left to live.

So maybe let the old people take the vaccine first, young people the risk of them dying of covid is miniscule. Now isn't that the wise thing to do.

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This, like so much info re: this bug, is extremely questionable!
    To paraphrase Churchill, "Never has so much speculation, by so many experts, on an unknown virus, paralyzed a nation, by so few politicians!!!

I still have not decided whether to, or not, & I'm 84. My RN wife is all for it, but I ain't sold on it yet.
    Like was mentioned earlier - don't try to convince me in any manner of LONG TERM EFFECTS from a use of just a few weeks at best!!!! Also any short term negative side effects.

If it's His will to allow me to get the bug, & I depart this old blue orb, then so be it. I'm prepared, not really anxious (last coupla months have strengthened the anxiety though :Devilish:rolleyes: ) but I'm not worried about it!!
    It's in HIS hands!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry about it, no harm done. We all have opinions and express them. I mean to disagree with, but not disparage, views I reject. I expect others to do the same with me. I never took it as less than a family argument over minor differences.

I just have an issue with Epoch Times because I question John Tang's objectivity (Falun Gong is, thankfully, anti-Communist but this also makes me wonder about its objectivity). But it is certainly not something I would fight over.

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I looked into the reason this stat of 29 deaths was coming out and it seemed to me it was because Norway was giving the vaccination to 25,000 of their most frail people over 75 and also the count was coming from basically any source, patients, family, the corner barber, etc. Hoopla from the anti-vax segment. I'd be on your wife's side because it would be much better than getting the virus and I don't think their is much risk that you'll be passing on your mutated genes in too many offspring. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Australia may make it mandatory, Germany is talking about covid incarceration camps

Covid-19: Germany wants to create “prison” for quarantine violators

10. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist