1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

799 Days Left Until the Two Witnesses of Revelation Appear in the Spring of 2023 AD

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gaviria.christian, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, comparing the two olive trees and two candlesticks with the four figurative beings is and educated Biblical thought process.

John is a witness to the events he wrote. Revelation 10 and the Thunders is proof. Moses and Elijah were the OT witnesses to God's plan in the OT, and they appeared somehow from Heaven on the mount of Transfiguration before the Cross.

That is the Scriptural accounts being compared to each other. How is that man made? Since when is comparing Scriptures to each other, an original thought? It is called studying God's Word.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it's guesswork. The beings are literal, being Seraphim.

They appeared by God's power, which also told the disciples who they were, And John only saw the VISIONS of the coming events.

Actually, it's called "imagination". Scripture plainly calls them the 2 witnesses who will prophesy for 1260 days. Anyone who tries to harm them will be killed by fire coming from their mouths, until their time is up & God allows them to be killed by the antichrist's forces. But He will resurrect them after 3 days & take them to heaven. That's in the Bible.

Men couldn't kill a Seraph, of course.

Those witnesses could well be Enoch & Elijah, who never died as mortals. Or, they could be people we've never heard of. We'll just hafta wait-n-see.

3. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The figure of the two Candlesticks and two olive trees is related to two witnesses only, and not to four beings.

What is God showing figuratively by candlesticks, specifically? Yes, what is God showing? What kinds of things are He specifically representing through the image or figure of two candlesticks? Yeah, the two candlesticks are figures / images of what, spiritually speaking according to God and according to His Word?

Do you read the bible, really?

4. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    To die, must FIRST be born here in this world, right? If you think the two witnesses are Moses and Elyjah, or Elyjah and Enoch, or Moses and Enoch, you are completely wrong. By the way, weren't they born yet?

It's amazing or impressive that you don't know what candlesticks are, as revealed in the Word of God. The Word is God, understand?

5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This should end all argument about who the menorah & olive trees are:

Zech.4:11 Then I answered and said to him, “What are these two olive trees—at the right of the lampstand and at its left?” 12 And I further answered and said to him, “What are these two olive branches that drip into the receptacles of the two gold pipes from which the golden oil drains?”13 Then he answered me and said, “Do you not know what these are?”And I said, “No, my lord.”14 So he said, “These are the two anointed ones, who stand beside the Lord of the whole earth.”

Rev. 11:3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. 5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner.

6. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So, in your biblical speculations, and never by revelation, you say Moses and Elyjah are the two witnesses.

Oh then you are a follower of the satanic doctrine of the spiritist, and esoteric, and kabbalistic religion, and you believe in the devilish doctrine of reincarnation?

7. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have decided to throw my hat into the "predicting the end or the world" ring:

February 27, 2021 at 3:17 AM EST

I chose that date and time because the Snow Moon will be full and Perry Stone likes to talk about Full Moons with names ... and "snow moon" is as good a name as any.

So maybe I will see you all in Heaven by February 28 (since it does take 24 hours for everybody to see the moon). :)

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My turn; it's already happened. I was singing "Stop The World & Let Me Off" & thus missed it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And I saw an angel (actually an archangel) come down from heaven, having the KEY of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand, and he laid hold on the Dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more... Revelation 20: v.1-3

10. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Countless Christians of all denominations and sects have spread a flood of contradictory interpretations on two witnesses. Rev.11:v.4

- many say they are Enoch and Elijah;
    - others say they are Moses and Elijah;
    - or even Moses and Enoch;
    - Timtofly associated the two witnesses
    (Moses & Elijah for him) to the four living beings - Rev.5:v.6
    - some say to be the Old Testament and the New Testament, i.e. the own Scriptures or Word of God-the Bible-the book of the two Covenant.

So, there are several interpretations, but what matters is the Truth.
    But the Truth is only and only One, right? Reading the list above, who is saying Truth ? At last the Truth is only and only One, not two or more, by the way, God is the Truth.

Those which say the two witnesses are Enoch and Elijah, or Moses and Elijah, or Moses and Enoch,
    they are followers of the spiritist or esoteric, or kabbalistic doctrine of reincarnation, a satanic doctrine.
    By the way, weren't they born still or didn't they reincarnate?

To say the two witnesses are associated to the four living beings as said Timtofly,
    this interpretation is ridiculous and void.

God associated the two witnesses to the figure of two Candlesticks and two olive trees. Severe Judgments and punishments will be applied against the whole world of Devil
    (it is already running), by the Power that the Almighty God did give to the two Candlesticks and two olive trees standing before the God of the earth.

The focus is to know the Truth by the Word of God, the Word of Truth, not by speculations, and conjectures, and suppositions, and imaginations, and presumptions, which is a serious mistake, liable to severe punishment. Each one of we needs to be careful, if not, get ready.

The key to interpret who are the two witnesses is in the word "Candlesticks", two Candlesticks.
    The two olive trees are for the production of the anointing oil, of course. So, we need first to know to what or to whom the figure of the two Candlesticks is refering itself, standing before the God of the earth, according to God Almighty and His Word, of course. The Word is God.

So, by allegory, what the figure of two Candlesticks means? or to what the figure of the two Candlesticks is refering itself standing before the God of the earth? It's it.

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They will be men, as they'll be killed.

12. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Moses and Elijah are the 2 Olive trees. They are not the two candlesticks.

As for John being a witness, was John the Candlestick in Zechariah 4?

If John was not a witness, how did we get Revelation? Read Revelation 1:10-11

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia.

This was not a Sunday. This was the time leading up to the 1000 year reign, and the Advent of the NHNE. "What thou seest" is the very definition of a witness. He was in God's Spirit, thus walked with God and was not, just like Enoch and Elijah. Elijah was to come, not reincarnation nor by "Spirit". Elijah coming in the flesh could only be Enoch, because Enoch was the only flesh in heaven with God. Enoch was the only one who could come in the flesh as Elijah. Elisha recieved the coat of Elijah as it fell as it could not enter heaven. John the Baptist recieved the "spirit" of Elijah even in the womb.

Many argue over the body of Moses, even Satan, Jude 1:9. So if God took the body of Moses to heaven and forced Enoch to look at a dead corpse, that is some twisted imagination. God had His two living Olive trees.

If you all do not want to see these 3 as God's living beings, suit yourself. Keep looking at them as Olive Trees and Candlesticks.

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said they WERE!

Of course not.

He was the witness to the Rev vision.

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

This is absolutely goofy eisegesis of Scripture.! Enoch eas Enoch & Elijah was Elijah & John was John. JTB was spiritually Elijah, but he was a separate person.

What kinda wacky tobacky have you been smoking?

Jesus plainly said they are His 2 witnesses. They'll be men as they'll be killed.

14. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Okay, that's the great enigma. I can understand that you are one among a multitude of interprets that preach and believe in that theory. But in my understand, what matters is the Truth, do you agree?

Well, what I will write according my interpretation, it I address to ALL readers here, not to only one specificaly:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Countless Christians of all denominations and sects have spread a flood of contradictory interpretations on two witnesses as is written in Revelation 11:v.4 .

- many say they are Enoch and Elijah;
    - others say they are Moses and Elijah;
    - or Moses and Enoch;

Honestly, It's very hard to walk within those dark meanders to find the Truth. Only the Word of God can really helps, do you agree? It because the Word is God - God is Light, in Him is no darkness at all. In fact, the witness of God is greater. So, there are several interpretations, but what matters is the Truth. And the Truth is only and only One, right?

Again:
    ====They will be men, as they'll be killed. ====

Revelation 11:v. 4 - These -
    the two witnesses - are the two olive trees, AND the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Two olive trees

In my understand, the Word - that's God - reveals that:

- The two olive trees have a function: to produce anointing oil;
    Yes, the two olive trees are for the production of the anointing oil, these two olive trees are a CELESTIAL SOURCE of the anointing oil, even for the anointing of the two Candlesticks, evidently.

The two Candlesticks

The two Candlesticks have another specific function:

- to bear witness of the Word of God in the last days, mainly in the FIRST HALF of the last week-Daniel 9: v.27 - which is close; or 42 months- 1,260 days- Revelation 11:v.1-4,
    - more precisely to announce the righteous Judgments of God and severe punishments.
    - they have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy
    (this has nothing to do with H2O): and have power OVER waters -peoples, and nations,and multitudes, and (all) tongues) to turn them to blood, and to SMITE THE EARTH with all plagues, as often as they will. This is a final operation to close the door and close Grace's dispensation.

- And the two Candlesticks, are they what? The KEY to interpret and discern "who" are? or, what are? the two witnesses, yeah,
    the KEY is in the figurative expression or word "Candlesticks". The material things are figures of spiritual things, like the parables of our LORD. So, by allegory, what do Candlesticks mean according the Word of God?

See, this is not a dispute who knows more,
    the main focus is to find the Truth, and Truth is only one.

That said, is there any brother here in this Baptist forum who could help to find in the Word of God the SIGNIFICANCE of the word Candlestick? In other words, to what this allegory refers, according to the written Word of God?

NOTE
    See, after this first step, then we can search to find the knowledge how to understand better why the two witnesses were killed
    by the Beast that rises up out of the abyss or bottomless pit -check it in Revelation 9:v.11-12- after the War against them, this event will occur after the two witnesses have finished their testimony. By the way, can you perceive or discern were is located the bottomless pit or the abyss?

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

15. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does that mean that there isn't going to be a full moon on February 27, 2021 and I should pick another day? Confused

16. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, you should, of course, as a member of the Baptist Church you should look specifically for the Lord's Day, understand? That is the seventh and last Day or seventh and last millennium, the millennium of Christ. Furthermore, you should already know that the moon is under the feet of my mother, it is written in the Word of God, understand? - Revelation 12:v.1.
    Have you never learned this in your church's Sunday school? Please, wake up and get up yourself fast.

17. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ~~~~~~~The two Candlesticks~~~~~~~

The two Candlesticks have a specific function:

- to bear witness of the Word of God in the last days, mainly in the FIRST HALF of the last week-Daniel 9: v.27 - which is close; or 42 months- 1,260 days- Revelation 11:v.1-4,

- more precisely to announce the righteous Judgments of God and severe punishments.

- they have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy(this has nothing to do with H2O): and have power OVER waters -peoples, and nations,and multitudes, and (all) tongues) to turn them to blood, and to SMITE THE EARTH with all plagues, as often as they will. This is a final operation to close the door and close Grace's dispensation.

JESUS warned: Luke 13:v.24-25
    24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

25 When once the Master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, ...

18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The abyss is lilely another dimension or spirit world.

And you agree the 2 witnesses will be killed. Thus, they will be men.

19. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wacky ideas? John having a vision is private man made interpretation. Are you saying Moses had visions on Mt. Sinai? He wrote in his sleep? You make no sense. John never claims he woke up and wrote down his dreams. This assumption that John had dreams and visions like Daniel, then must prove Moses had dreams and visions on Mt. Sinai. This false assumption by association is nonsense. Moses actually talked to God on Mt. Sinai. Daniel literally saw Gabriel who explained his dreams to him. John was brought to the Lord's Day, the 1000 year reign of Christ, to write down history as he witnessed it. God does things that may seem strange to us. Most people just write off many things that God does, if they do not agree with God on an issue.

20. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lord's day was simply a Sunday. John was wide awake; no one must be asleep to see a vision from God. Thus, John was shown a series of visions, as he said himself in Rev. 9:17. the nonsense is that John saw the events actually occurring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.