1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

799 Days Left Until the Two Witnesses of Revelation Appear in the Spring of 2023 AD

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gaviria.christian, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many days now?

2. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The king of the abyss is linked with Jewish and Gentile peoples, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue has his name Apollyon, and it is he who has the key of the bottomless pit to open it in the present time, and as the smoke of a great furnace will arise out of the bottomless pit, and the sun and the air will be darkened (consequently the moon will not give her light) by reason of the smoke of the pit. And will came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

Speaking of the scorpions, who are them? The prophet Ezekiel dwelt among them.
    Ezekiel 2:v.6 - 6 And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. (a rebellious nation)

Scriptures reveal that the king of the abyss(Abaddon) has his own army, and was commanded to them they may hurt only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. Also was given to them that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented for some time,
    their torment was as the torment of a scorpion when he strikes a man. Well, the army of the Hebrew Abaddon, the angel of abyss, they will have power to hurt men five months as soon manifest this MAN - Abaddon - , the angel of the abyss.

This event is called the FIRST WOE and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

See, the Scripture reveals the 2 witnesses will be killed, but says not they are men. What you have added is a mere conjecture.

The Word of God says the two witnesses are two olive trees AND two Candlesticks, not men, as you imagine they be. Remember: the letter kills, it can even be used to kill the souls.

~~~~~~~Two olive trees~~~~~~~

- The two olive trees have a function: to produce anointing oil;
    Yes, the two olive trees are for the production of the anointing oil, these two olive trees are a CELESTIAL SOURCE of the anointing oil, even for the anointing of the two Candlesticks, evidently.

~~~~~~~ The two Candlesticks ~~~~~~~

The two Candlesticks have another specific function:

- to bear witness of the Word of God in the last days, mainly in the FIRST HALF of the last week-Daniel 9: v.27 - which is close; or 42 months- 1,260 days- Revelation 11:v.1-4,
    - more precisely to announce the righteous Judgments of God and severe punishments.
    - they have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy
    (this has nothing to do with H2O): and have power OVER waters -peoples, and nations,and multitudes, and (all) tongues) to turn them to blood, and to SMITE THE EARTH with all plagues, as often as they will. This is a final operation to close the door and close Grace's dispensation.

- And the two Candlesticks, are they what? The KEY to interpret and discern "who" are? or, what are? the two witnesses, yeah, the KEY is in the figurative expression or word "Candlesticks". The material things are figures of spiritual things, like the parables of our LORD. So, by allegory, what do Candlesticks mean according the Word of God?

See, this is not a dispute who knows more,
    the main focus is to find the Truth, and Truth is only one.

That said,
    is there any brother here in this Baptist forum who could help to find in the Word of God the SIGNIFICANCE of the word Candlestick? In other words, to what this allegory refers, according to the written Word of God?

NOTE
    See, after this first step, then we can search to find the knowledge how to understand better why the two witnesses were killed
    by the Beast that rises up out of the abyss or bottomless pit -check it in Revelation 9:v.11-12- after the War against them, this event will occur after the two witnesses have finished their testimony. By the way, can you perceive or discern were is located the bottomless pit or the abyss?

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

3. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    waters are: peoples, and nations, and multitudes, and tongues;

stars are: angels of the Church;

And "Candlesticks", are what?

Is there any brother here in this Baptist forum who knows by the Word of God the SIGNIFICANCE of the word Candlestick? In other words, to what this allegory refers, according to the written Word of God?

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A 'candlestick' is a menorah.

And there's nothing in Scripture that says any souls shall die. The souls of the evil will abide forever in the lake of fire, as Scripture says.

As for "Abaddon", it's most-associated with Satan himself; just another name for him.

5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

6. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Okay, Candlestick is a menorah, and menorah is a candlestick, I think both are the same and are a traditional symbol in Israel. Is menorah a man? Will be? Honestly, I do not believe, but ...

As we all know, the word Candlesticks appear in the New Testament in the book of Revelation 11:v.4. Could you, or any other brother, remember where else to find the word Candlesticks in the New Testament, other than Revelation 11: v.4?

7. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It seems you trust yourself more than the Scriptures .

Ezekiel 18:v.4 and 20
    4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
    20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Right.
    Revelation 21:v. 8 says: - 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

8. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The two Candlesticks have a specific function:

- to bear witness of the Word of God in the last days, mainly in the FIRST HALF of the last week-Daniel 9: v.27 - which is close; or 42 months- 1,260 days- Revelation 11:v.1-4,

- more precisely to announce the righteous Judgments of God and severe punishments.

- they have power to shut heaven
    (heaven?read Ephesians 1:v.3), that it rain not in the days of their prophecy(this has nothing to do with H2O): and have power OVER waters -peoples, and nations,and multitudes, and (all) tongues) to turn them to blood, and to SMITE THE EARTH with all plagues, as often as they will. This is a final operation to close the door and close Grace's dispensation.

9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt. 5;15, which is repeated in Mark & Luke-and in Heb. 9:2.

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Later scriptures say those souls shall be there FOREVER. As Jesus said, going to hell is the 2nd death, as those souls will be forever separated from Him.

11. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What I see is that you are moving like the serpent going to and fro. I replied your post #84 where you said as follow:
    "And there's nothing in Scripture that says any souls shall die".

I proved for you by Scriptures that you do not speak Truth, I quoted Ezekiel 18:v.4 and 20 in my post #87, as follow:

4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine:
    the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

20 The soul that sinneth,
    it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

The discussion above is about the death of the soul, not about the eternity of the soul you are referring now, that's another subject that you bring up going to and fro like the serpent does.

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, Sneaky Snake, but Jesus explained what this death is.

Rev. 14: 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Rev. 20:10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Plainly, the 2nd death is being cast into hell. That's what God meant when He spoke to Zeke. Those souls don't actually, literally die. If you learned that "annihilationism" garbage from Ellen White, Herbie Armstrong, or some other quack, shame on you! Clearly, it's false!

I stay vigilant against these, & other false doctrines that try to pollute Christianity, but Satan comes up with new ones constantly. He has a "scratch" doctrine for every itching ear!

"A cowboy's work is never done!"

13. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What I see is that you are moving like the serpent going to and fro. I replied your post #84 where you said as follow:

I proved for you by Scriptures that you do not speak Truth, I quoted Ezekiel 18:v.4 and 20 in my post #87, as follow:

4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine:

it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

The discussion above is about the death of the soul, not about the eternity of the soul you are referring now subtistiously, that's another subject that you bring up going to and fro like the serpent does.

In fact, the serpent is more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God has made.

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The soul doesn't actually die: I scripturally proved that. You lose.

15. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The discussion above is about the death of the soul, not about the eternity of the soul you are referring now subtistiously, that's another subject that you bring up going to and fro like the serpent does.

In fact, the serpent is more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God has made.

16. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Repeating your post doesn't make it correct.

17. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [Eze 18:20 NKJV] 20 "The soul(H5315) who sins shall die(H4191). The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

(H5315) נֶפֶשׁ nephesh, neh'-fesh; from H5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental)

(H4191) מוּת mûwth, mooth; a primitive root; to die (literally or figuratively); causatively, to kill

Nothing metaphorical here. “The soul (breathing creature) who sins shall die (cease to breathe).” All of the sins in this section are punishable by stoning (adultery, idolatry) under the Law of Moses.

Some other translations:
    • [Eze 18:20 NLT] 20 The person who sins is the one who will die. The child will not be punished for the parent's sins, and the parent will not be punished for the child's sins. Righteous people will be rewarded for their own righteous behavior, and wicked people will be punished for their own wickedness.
    • [Eze 18:20 NIV] 20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.
    • [Eze 18:20 NASB] 20 "The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.

18. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The spirit that speaks from you says:

GOD said:
    Behold, all souls are mine; ...the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
    The soul that sinneth, it shall die, ...

In fact, as we can see, the serpent is more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God has made.

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You actually have no REAL reply. Now, try answering ATPollard's post above.

20. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Who replied what was posted was/is the Word of God, not me, the Word is God.
    The word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him to whom we must render an account.

What prevails is the Holy Scripture, that is the Word of God. The Word is God.

The serpent said stealthily :

Who replied what was posted was/is the Word of God, not me, the Word is God.
    The word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him to whom we must render an account.

Complete Jewish Bible:
    1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any wild animal which Adonai, God, had made. He -the serpent-said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You are not to eat from any tree in the garden’?” 2 The woman answered the serpent, “We may eat from the fruit of the trees of the garden, 3 but about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden God said, ‘You are neither to eat from it nor touch it, or you will die.’” 4 The serpent said to the woman, It is not true that you will surely die. - In the current time, he, the serpent, says: " there's nothing in Scripture that says any souls shall die".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.