1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

9/11–17 years later

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what has happened to your patriotism American? This is the question/insult posed to me by an Israeli last year... But he has a point as I look down my street that was replete with American flags. None today save mine... maybe later.

We will be at the Legion Post tonight for dinner... God bless America.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember right after 11 Sep - just about everyone was flying the Flag from their car.
    But that lasted 6 months - then folks just went back to their normal routine.

I would often find one of those smaller flags laying by the roadside.
    When possible and safe, I would stop and pick it up - then I would take
    it to a military related flag burning.

At 1400 hours I will be at work until 2200 hrs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My patriotism went down the toilet with the election of B. H. Obama.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you serve in the military? Any friends and family that died in the service or were wounded. Mine have, fighting Nazis, Communists, Japs, Koreans etc. These people suffered greatly, died or were maimed for life.....and they did it for the country, for the freedom & liberty that we now enjoy. without these heroic sacrifices, we would be in the same boat as Argentina, Cuba, N. Korea

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can thank servicemen without liking what the country became under the leftist regime. I still consider myself a citizen of the occupied CSA and the occupied Cherokee nation.

#6 Reynolds, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Plenty of flags in my community, but then some display American flags 365 days of the year.

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What many American citizens are unaware of is that 9/11 was largely a Mossad operation with some help from the American government.

An Israeli instant messaging company called Odigo warned (in Hebrew)about 4,000 Israeli Jews (not American Jews) of danger around the World Trade Center and Pentagon areas hours before the disaster.

Ed Koch of N.Y. and Willie Brown of San Fran were warned to stay away at least eight hours before the disaster.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was home on that day 17 years ago. I got up, made some coffee, and walked over and turned on the TV just in time to see the first building fall down. I knew right away that there would be war. As for flags, mine still flies proudly outside my house everyday.

10. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh good grief!

11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Israel has better intelligence than we do. The fact they had picked up enough chatter to warrant a warning does not mean they were involved. They most likely warned the U.S. govt, but our govt will never admit that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the Baptist Board rules:

5. No trolling. Trolling consists of provoking large volumes of responses by posting absurdities, deliberately offensive insults, etc.

#12 InTheLight, Sep 11, 2018
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So your answer to my question is a resounding "NO" I did not serve in the United States Military .... many Cherokee did & still do serve. BTW, my daughter in law (to be) is part Cherokee and will be marrying into a family who's ancestors include Jeff Davis-- Graduate of West Point & an officer in the U.S. Military long before he ever got into politics. I have more esteem for him then I would ever have for Abe Lincoln because Davis petitioned Lincoln numerous times to meet with him to discuss a peace prior to aggressions began & Lincoln just ignored him.

But the man I have respect for, who took me to ball games, taught me to play baseball, supported me in scouts & Golden Glove boxing matches etc was my next door neighbor who was like a surrogate father to me....I will call him Bill, he was an Irish Immigrant who without being a full citizen, signed up to be a paratrooper (at 16 YO....lied about his age) during WW2. He was a sniper, then an anti tank guy with a hollow charge weapon (bazooka -50 Yard effectiveness)....could you imaging staring down a Panzer with that gun! Well he had 5 times out there until the tank killed his parther & Bill lost his leg. He had to be highly skilled & quite daring to score kills & survive in engagements......BUT lets not forget, this man was still technically a citizen of Ireland (county Cork) and alot of them people didnt like the British & perfered the Germans should win the war. But not "Bill" he embraced this country, fought for it & paid a big sacrifice (post tramatic stress & loss of a leg). HIM I SALUTE, as a patriot & God send to my life.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Loonie Tunes ..... :Unsure

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ed Kotch warned?!? why cause he is a Jew? Did Ed corroborate the story?

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of which has any relevance to my post. Quit your trolling.

17. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Memories of 9-11"

Cuban anti-communist dissident Silvio Canto tells his family memories about 9-11 in a five-minute video, from Dallas, Texas:

18. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of the 2,977 victims killed in the September 11 attacks, 412 were emergency workers in New York City who responded to the World Trade Center. This included:343 firefighters (including a chaplain and two paramedics) of the New York City Fire Department (FDNY)

This former Marine who fought in the fields of Vietnam, pays homage to those who payed the ultimate sacrifice on 9/11... I SALUTE YOU!... They STOOD for the FLAG and NONE would have taken a knee... Brother Glen:)

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went to work for the Sheriffs office when I was 19. Never had a desire to be in the military. Would serve if we were under truly under attack, but felt no need to run off to the wars of Bush and Bush half way across the globe.

#19 Reynolds, Sep 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1