1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Biden Coup -VS- A Populist Revolt

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some have been saying that Trump might be planning a coup to stay in power but it appears to others that the Biden led Democrats may have already started a coup to steal power. By the title of this thread you can guess what would be my view of it.

I would say if we're talking about a "coup" it boils down to “legitimacy”. If the vote was not legitimate then neither would a Biden presidency be legitimate. If a “coup” is defined as an illegal seizure of power from a government then a mass fraud in the election is a big step in the direction of a coup.

Maybe a better term is a “bloodless coup” since so far it has not been violent, although some may disagree according the Antifa actions that have been taking place and the threat of more violence to come if they don’t get their way.

Then there is the idea of “Marshall Law” under the guise of COVID restrictions.

How might Trump’s timely replacement of the Secretary of Defense factor in to what could be on the horizon?

So, what if one side believes the election is a fraud and the Presidency is being stolen with the media being complicit and then the other side insists, they have won, like the media tells them, but the matter of legitimacy has yet to be settled as January 20th nears?

Hmm, makes me think no wonder the Left was talking beforehand about what if Trump wouldn’t leave, I mean, knowing they were going to try to steal the election, that it would likely take more time than was available before the transition to expose their corrupt plan, all the blatant attempts by the media to silence the opposition and the threat of chaos through the Antifa factor all working together for an illegal “takeover” which to honest is kind of looking like a coup. (Again, the action of replacing the Secretary of Defense may have preparation for such an attempt.)

Should this start getting ugly I guess it depends what side you are on if the “coup” word begins to be thrown around who actually owns it.

The things is we have about 70 million people on each side and either the matter of “legitimacy” needs to be settled or we could have one major conflict ahead! I don’t see either side willing to surrender if they don’t trust the results.

I don't know if this matter can be settled by December 14th and if it is heating up and going beyond January 7th I wonder if we could very well be looking at a serious " A Biden Coup -VS- A Populist Revolt" escalation?

2. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We had a fair election and Joe Biden won. Trump has lost over 30 court cases in which he tried to prove otherwise. The state legislatures in battleground states have refused to go along with Trump's desire to bypass the obvious will of the people and steal the election by appointing a slate of electors other than the one which was voted as the winner by the people. Biden is the President-elect. Get used to that Trump LOST.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Democrats cheated on a mass scale and every one knows it. The Democrats purposely set up mail-in ballot voting while using COVID for an excuse and with this the Democrats went around the country weakening registration verification and mail-in voting signature checks and using corrupt electronics so they could CHEAT and then like a bunch of thugs and thieves would do they took over voter counting centers to carry out their plan. You and the media calling Biden President-elect doesn’t make it so. Get used to that the plan to illegitimatize the election to steal the Presidency crosses the line and this attempt to bully us won’t be TOLERATED.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "This has already been debunked." :Wink

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing about this post is true

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has it :Laugh

7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need another ruling like this coming out of the Supreme Court! - And we need it enforced one way or the other!

[​IMG]

8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Donald Trump said:

"We will not bend.

We will not break.

We will not yield.

We will never give in.

We will never give up.

We will never back down.

We will NEVER, ever surrender!"

I'm in!

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you will be on the losing side with who is apparently your political “savior”, Donald Trump. But that’s okay. As the old saying goes, “You win some. You lose some. And some get rained out.”

10. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, you want to trash-talk after your side threw a sucker-punch and figures that cheap shot should finish it BUT you done made the mistake of hitting the Come-Back-Kid and he's still standing and his friends are showing up to back him up.

Sayin the whopping you deserve ain't gunna happen is just words from cowards who thinks they can hit, run and hide but the real action is about to begin:

Supreme Court to Hear Multiple Cases This Week Which Could “Officially” Redirect Electors

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Media attention to the safe-harbor milestone prompted the Trump campaign to issue a public statement earlier Tuesday arguing that the date is of little consequence.

“The ‘Safe Harbor Deadline’ is a statutory timeline that generally denotes the last day for states to certify election results,” Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis said. “However, it is not unprecedented for election contests to last well beyond December 8.”

“Justice Ginsburg recognized in Bush v. Gore that the date of ‘ultimate significance’ is January 6, when Congress counts and certifies the votes of the Electoral College,” they added. “The only fixed day in the U.S. Constitution is the inauguration of the President on January 20 at noon. Despite the media trying desperately to proclaim that the fight is over, we will continue to champion election integrity until legal vote is counted fairly and accurately.”

You would... [​IMG]

13. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Donald Trump doesn't plan. However, he is attempting a coup using rhetoric, phone calls to pressure elected leaders, and a parade of laughably bad legal challenges.

It's too bad for Trump that courts require evidence.

COVID restrictions are to mitigate a very real public health emergency. The pleas for martial law because of the election results are not coming from the Democrats. It's coming from people likely newly-pardoned Mike Flynn and wing-nut far-right groups.

The reason they were talking about it is that President Trump has NEVER accepted the results of an election. He claimed the 2016 election had massive fraud of millions of "illegals" voting for Clinton. He established a commission to investigate, but the work petered out very quickly because they found no evidence. Moreover, he has been claiming that the election was going to be rigged and stated that there won't be a transition. Based on all of that evidence and the President's behavior, why should anyone have confidence the President would accept the results of the 2020 election, whether he won or lost?

I can't decide if the majority of Trump supporters truly believe that there was election fraud, or if this is simply a bad faith (trollish) attempt to undermine the legitimacy of our elected government. We had eight years of people claiming Obama was born in Kenya and was not a legitimate President, so this could be more of the same nonsense. And, of course, Trump was front and center for that, making all kinds of claims that he had people uncovering all kinds of evidence that was about to come out, that is, until he was elected, then he dropped it. It was always a bunch of hot air that served Trump's interests. He's made $200+ million of income for the "Stop the Steal" campaign that can be used for his personal expenses, so this is extremely profitable for him. He's simply fleecing the people he claims to represent.

Unfortunately, I think we are going to see a lot of right-wing extremists and militia people committing terrorist acts against our government and duly-elected leadership.

14. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is fake in many ways. Don't spread this nonsense without checking it out.

I actually went back to Ex parte Milligan to read what was there and verify the alleged quote and "Section 98" (whatever that is), but the case has no bearing on present circumstances. Moreover, the reference to "50" states seemed like a huge stretch, considering it was referencing a case from 1866!

I then checked fact-checking sites and they confirmed my initial investigation and added more detail. For instance, this article.

15. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good thing our forefathers did plan when they put in the 2nd Amendment which was/is to deal with things like corrupt government politicians trying to steal our election so they could rule over the people while they sell out our country to Communist China!

However, Trump did plan also when he appointed the new Secretary of Defense to deal with the Radical Left Antifa violent uprising sure to come when they find out the media victory candy is going to be taken away from them because bullying and cheating to steal our election WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

16. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't think to tell me what I can say, quote or paraphrase. I don't care if you don't like the Supreme Court's words after the Civil War or my words that the thoughts relate to modern times.

This is about VOTING INTEGRITY and we can’t have unfair elections and people violating the Constitution, we must restore the Republic and if that means Joe Biden loses, so be it.

Anyone who denounces, denies or infringes upon our constitutionally guaranteed rights to a fair vote is making war against the constitution and, therefore, we the people. If any government official or authority violates their constitutional oath to protect these rights, they must immediately forfeit their office which was given them by the people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that commission didn't break up because they found no evidence of fraud, but because so many states wouldn't give up their voting rolls, including some "conservative" states - same old states rights v. federal authority when it cones to federal elections. Hopefully, SCOTUS will clarify the issue a little.

So the left thinks this was a clean election, guess the ends do justify the means. They carped on an on about Russian collusion, many still do to this day, yet they squeal like pigs at the mere suggestion that China did interfere in this election.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you planning violence?

It’s not going to happen. If you continue in your “stolen election” delusion and the courts don’t buy into it, are you going to commit violence?

19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I’m obligated to hold my Christian brothers and sisters accountable when they spread lies... unless you are not a Christian.

I strongly agree with the Ex parte v. Milligan decision, but that has nothing to do with the false meme you posted. It’s clear you either didn’t even check the links I supplied or you are just doubling down on your willful ignorance to avoid admitting error.

when your thoughts and words are based on abject falsehoods you are perpetuating to others, I have an obligation to say something about it.

That’s true, but you are on the wrong side of it. How did “the Kraken” turn out? You are being played for a fool by Trump and his enablers.

The Republic has voted for Biden, so attacking his legitimacy is attacking the Republic. I accepted the results of the 2016 election. You should be a big boy and accept the results of the 2020 election. Don’t be like the perpetually aggrieved toddler of a President that is on his way out.

Yes, so you need to stop.

I agree. We need mass resignations from Congress and the current Executive Branch.

20. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give me a break, big boy. You don't steal something from me and then tell me to accept it and get over it. Doesn't work that way..
    Do try holding me accountable, especially on a made up false accusation of lying followed by question begging and a veiled accusation on my Christian standing and see where that gets you, big boy...
    Save your strawman and faux sanctimony for someone that doesn't see right through you, you're just repeating your foolishness. [​IMG]
    Still in the works. You Lefties (yes, YOU, don't pass the sniff and this can be smelled from a mile away ;) ) need to learn to stop claiming victory before the matter is settled.