1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A bit more about the Syrian rebels whom McCain and Graham want to arm and assist

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Syrian Catholic priest has been beheaded by jihadist fighters in Syria, it has been claimed. The death of Franciscan Father Francois Murad has been confirmed by the official Vatican news agency.

The gruesome killing has raised further concerns about the West arming rebels in the fight against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

Grainy footage purported to show the 49-year-old’s death has been posted on the internet. Father Francois, was killed on 23 June in Gassanieh, in northern Syria. He had been staying in the convent of the Custody of the Holy Land.

- See more at: http://conservativeintel.com/2013/0...-want-to-arm-and-assist/#sthash.lhU9MTDo.dpuf

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

McCain and Graham must be closet Muslims just like Obama then huh Rev? Isn't that one of the conspiracy theories being debated around here lately?

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Syrian Rebels Did Not Behead Franciscan Priest--They Shot Him 8 Times

(CNSNews.com) – A Catholic priest slain in Syria last month was not one of the three men seen being beheaded in a video clip posted online – but he was killed by anti-Assad rebels, who gunned him down as he tried to defend nuns at a monastery.

A representative of the Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land told CNSNews.com that Francois Murad had been “killed by eight bullets.”

- See more at: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...st-they-shot-him-8-times#sthash.vhdfv1nF.dpuf

4. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

I think...it turns out that the priest in question was shot, but not beheaded. The person that did get beheaded might be someone else. I saw that on Oreilly, but I dunno for sure.

At any rate, I've written my Senators twice this month about giving arms and weapons to these people. I'm solidly against is because of the probability that the rebels are made up of Jihadists, kidnappers and terrorists.