1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A challenge to Arminianism

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Joseph_Botwinick, Mar 6, 2005.

1. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we all got what we deserved, we would ALL be in Hell.

His Grace seems awfully benevolent to me.

His purpose, is His good pleasure.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I guess being in His image, also lets us know that He has the same dominion? :rolleyes:

I would rather Him have power absolute, instead of the non-calvinist, liberal, version of man being god, and man having the power to save and not God. :rolleyes:

Still no answer to my previous post on the Greek??? Run Arminian, run!

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT.

That is rather critcal of you ILUVLIGHT. :cool: A critical spirit is not a loving one. :cool:
    That is rather critcal of you ILUVLIGHT. :cool: A critical spirit is not a loving one. :cool:

johnp.

3. chandler

chandler New Member

Wow!! It this a Christian board. I am a seminary student and came to this forum to get answers on this subject that I am strugling with. I am shocked at the posts I have read; especially rc and ILL. What a stumbling block to those who are really intersted in discussing he matter. I jusge someones's counsel by their fruit; can't find much of it their. I am severly disappointed with the attitudes displayed. Especially, when someone doubts another's salvation just because they believe in Calvinism. CUT IT OUT GUYS!!! If you cannot have self control while discussing these issues; try praying and asking God to help before you type on these hyes! I do not find any glory to God through your sprits.

4. chandler

chandler New Member

Sorry typing is terrible!

5. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I assume you're uncomfortable with the other part of my screen name. durand works for me, or Hey you. I might bristle at heathen, though.

Go back and look at the exhanges between yourself and rc. Are they fruitful or mean spirited? Could they be characterized as loving or critical?

Given in love, I'm sure.

That would be best judged between rc and the Lord.

I'm not Catholic either. I am not now nor have I ever been Catholic. I'm the only non-Catholic preacher in a small cluster of three very rural, Catholic towns. It's just a nickname given to me 10 years ago. I make no claim to any Roman authority, nor attempt to set myself apart from any other. Again, it is just a nickname. It has given me opportunity to witness to many young people who were raised to avoid "those Protestants".

Yes, may it!

6. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Durand;
    Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

You don't qualify even for the nickname. Nor does any Catholic Priest. You claim to be a pastor. I wonder do you stand in Judgement of your Congregation as you have me.

And yes This is my hope;
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    However people like you would like to keep it from happening with your false accusations.
    Mike

7. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

If you were Roman Catholic you may have said, 'May Christ Shrine His Light On Us All.'

Ray

8. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Chandler;

9. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw it before it got edited, so here is the answer pre-editing. [​IMG]

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

10. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I meant no malice. If you are offended then my sincerest apologies.

Offered in love I assume. [​IMG]

I seem to be an obstacle to the discussion. I'll retire the field, as it were, so you may resume your discussion unfettered.

11. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT.
    That 'all', does it mean 'all' or some? :cool: I ask because as you know me and old Eli have a thing going and we want you to know that on his house no sun shone at all! :cool:
    If you don't mean the 'all' to mean 'all' but limit it to those you are talking to that would break that law you imposed on the word would it not?
    So do I take it that you limit the word 'all' to 'not all' or will you also break scripture? 1 Sam 3:14 Therefore, I swore to the house of Eli, `The guilt of Eli's house will never be atoned for by sacrifice or offering.' "

For you are asking God to shine His light on those He has damned.

johnp.

12. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    Well, we are comanded to preach the gospel to every living creature. And the damned are creatures. :rolleyes: Hey your not related to him are you?
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us all;
    Mike :D

13. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT

We have not been told to preach to the dead have we?
    Do you limit the 'all' in May Christ Shine His Light On Us all; Answer the question.

johnp.

14. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

All does not mean all. I found it written in a Calvinistic Biblical dictionary, so it must be true!
    Probably coming from Drs. James I. Packer or Sproul or some other false teacher like them.

{they do have some truth but muddy the waters with their bowing to the shrine of the Roman Catholic laity--Father John Calvin}.

Just think we have our own Jesuit Protestants in our midst.

Only God knows if they have blamphemed the Holy Spirit by their repeated teachings.

15. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    OK I'll answer but no crying ok. ;)
    Never under estimate the power of God JohnP I know your dead ("because you're as natural as they come") ;) Even you can be saved by His wonderful power. All things are possible with God. Seriously : Why should I let the possibility of them hearing the gospel stop me you're not affraid they'll hear are you and be hurt because it's to late for them.......
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

16. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

JohnP;
    I almost for got the dead can't hear. I know this for a fact. A Calvinist told me this and after all why would they mislead me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    As I said before;
    Mike [​IMG]

17. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT
    We have not been told to preach to the physically dead have we?
    The physically dead people like that was once walking but now are pushing up the daisies? :cool: I don't mind you squirming, squirm away old chap.
    Do you limit the 'all' in May Christ Shine His Light On Us all; Answer the question.

johnp. :cool:

18. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT
    I thought only bad fruit came from bad trees how is it you have heard the truth from what you consider a rotten tree man? Seems like everytime you open your mouth you put you foot in it. I've never heard truth proceed from you and that is truth.

johnp. :cool:

19. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    Please don't hit me anymore [​IMG] "NOT" :D
    Answer; Nope
    Are'nt you glad I don't If I did you might not have a chance.
    Mike :D

20. rc

rc New Member

Still waiting ILL !!!

Come on ! Show me how much you ACTUALLY know about this subject!! I'm going to hound you till you show me. ILL... every post! On every topic I'm going to hound you, I've cought you in a lie and am going to hold you accountable brother! And this is just typical of your Bible study also.. making unlearned claims as fact with no truth or proper study to back it up. Which council condemns Calvinism? ...

Where are you ILL ?