1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Concern of Mine

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Steven Yeadon, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God also has given the sealing of the Holy Spirit unto us adopted sons and daughters in Christ, and none can break that seal.

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gosh! You were quick. I deleted that post when I read Darrell's post again and saw that he isn't arguing against the Perseverance of the Saints.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He isn't, but think our friend posting the OP is!

4. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah, rsr got me with Ephesians 1:13-14 and now Darrell C has me with Hebrews 10:14.

I must say that the evidence is strongly in favor of eternal security. Again, my disagreement with Calvinism is now whether we can reject the grace of God. I believe from numerous biblical narratives that this is a confident "yes." Thank you Darrell, Hebrews 10:14 is as conclusive as Ephesians 1:13-14.

5. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do have sin, and I need constantly to check myself and repent, but this problem is very, very personal to me. I have to state this again after that run to help me understand eternal security more:

Given everyone's comments so far, is the real problem among all baptists, that we talk a lot about the fact that works follow faith. However, when it actually comes to weighing believer's actions, judging them, and disassociating with them if they sin without repentance, all of which the bible commands us to do (1 Corinthians 5:9-13), we turn surprisingly sheepish and silent. I mean, do we even know other church member's well enough to do this? Does that indicate a lack of fellowship? Could pastors turn away those that sin without repentance and not be sued? What I mean is, what is going on? Its not like every single churchgoer is in total obedience to the bible.

6. Katarina Von Bora

Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Removed by poster.

7. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, we are still fallen and sin, but we try hard not to make a habit of it. What I should say instead "total obedience to the bible" is: "Are we making every effort to obey our Father's will" as 2 Peter 1:3-11 points out. The KJV says are we should "give all diligence," or more directly "are we working as hard as we can?"

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember, we Calvinists agree that sinners always keep on rejecting grace of God,bu that those God intends to save, His elect, will not resist and will get saved!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the bible states also that it is God Himself who works and wills thru us!