1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A descision and a praise report.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by puros_bran, Dec 14, 2008.

1. puros_bran

puros_bran Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was totally floored this morning when the only active Deacon we have ( death, illness, and old age ravages a church sometimes) called and floated the idea of me being a Deacon. The Pastor, my Deacon and I met tonight before the Business meeting to discuss further what I thought, whether I felt it was something the Lord wanted me to do... I asked that I be given time to seek the Lords will through prayer and study. I humbly ask that you folks remember me in your prayers, this is a big step, a big responsibility, if I'm not being called by the Lord to do it I want nothing to do with it.... but if I am being called by God there is nothing I want to do more.

and a praise report.

I electronically bumped into a friend from my teenage days.. I won't go into details but I will admit we were less than upstanding role models for the community back then. Praise God.. He is now a Baptist Preacher.. He led his father to the Lord several years ago.... I just couldn't quit smiling and crying when I read that email last night. :godisgood:

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May God clearly reveal his will to you!