1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Hill on which to Die

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Phillip, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I'm revivng this topic if anyone is interested. I have finished the book and I am skimming over it to address a few issues with which I have an issue.
    But, firstly, I wonder if any of you had any opinions on chapter 28: Southern Baptist and Government?
    In this chapter Paul Pressler talks about the SBC being the only institution with numbers to keep the country from falling into moral collapse. He also mentions school prayer, capital punishment, "moral purity" (not sure yet what that means), and abortion.If any of you have read this book, I would like your input on your view of Pressler's philosophy on church and state. To me, he seems a bit counter to the seperation of the two. I would like to discuss this with some of the other board members here.

May God bless you

- Clint

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Clint,
    I don't have the book in front of me, but to my recollection, I don't think he is espousing a blending of church and state. Remember, to say that the church can and should influence culture is vastly different from saying that the church should control the state or vice versa.

3. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just wonder who will pick up the slack when Pressler, Patterson, etc, go to be with the Lord. :eek:

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Probably James Merritt, Danny Akin, Al Mohler, and that ilk. And God is raising up guys that are younger that will carry on.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just pulled out my book again, it is still great. Judge Pressler autographed it for me. His verse is II Timothy 3:16-17
    Salty

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Must have forgotton - havent re-read the chapter, but will try again

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I do not think they will fall into liberalism so much as many conservatives will leave and are currently leaving due to the attitude of the SBC politicians. When people leave they will be left without much money. Already we are seeing the product of their image building and reduction in funds.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter