1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Lifelong Democrat Switches To McCain

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Feb 23, 2008.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

1. It could be that doctors choose disciplines for more than just $$. Maybe they want to spend time doing feet or skin rather than treating cancer.
    2. During the TennCare debacle, our area saw a doctor exodus. Now that it's been killed (for the most part) doctors are returning, to precisely those urban and rural areas (perhaps due to little competition?)
    3. I have been where Baptist Believer and Martin talk about. I had a family income of around $20K. Couldn't afford health insurance. My health care costs were LESS then than now because of it. My family doctor charged me $25 for an office visit. Now that I have coverage, the cost is $150 but my copay a fraction of that.
    4. we need to remember there's a difference between universal health care and universal health insurance. The former is the result; the latter, the means to the end. It's like mandating auto insurance vs mandatory auto repair. One provides coverage, the other, regulation of repairs for accidents, oil/tire changes, etc. We have a form of universal health care now. We had a form of universal health insurance in Tennessee. It was an abysmal failure. I'd love to see it work. But it's hard to justify constitutionally.