1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A meeting we should all pray for

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Dec 19, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Now I think this is how it's done. They wrote a very respectful letter asking to take the president elect at his word.

I know this is the Catholic Church but I think we should all stay in prayer for this meeting...

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=14663

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

It's the Catholic News organization but the Pro-life group isn't exclusively Catholic.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. :thumbs:

Unfortunately, a lot of pro-life right-wingers and pro-choice left-wingers are more interested in tossing verbal hand grenades than in solving this problem.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Exactly, it seems they feel if they yell louder in the mic or can call you a nastier name then you will see things my way. This is the first time I've seen someone write a respectful letter stating their position without attacking then asking for face time to discuss the issues. I don't think Obama will be converted to 100% pro-life but if they at least keep the ban on late term abortions then I think it will be a successful meeting. Anything more than that will be like victory...

5. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

These folks that are anti-everything usually love to be on the camera and news so that they can sat in their armchair, drink their beer and watch themselves on television. I know that is a little harsh but that is mostly what they tend to do.