1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a net 9 million people have lost their private health plans, thanks to Obamacare

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three years ago, on the eve of Obamacare’s implementation, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projected that President Obama's centerpiece legislation would result in an average of 201 million people having private health insurance in any given month of 2016. Now that 2016 is here, the CBO says that just 177 million people, on average, will have private health insurance in any given month of this year—a shortfall of 24 million people.

Indeed, based on the CBO's own numbers, it seems possible that Obamacare has actually reduced the number of people with private health insurance. In 2013, the CBO projected that, without Obamacare, 186 million people would be covered by private health insurance in 2016—160 million on employer-based plans, 26 million on individually purchased plans. The CBO now says that, with Obamacare, 177 million people will be covered by private health insurance in 2016—155 million on employer-based plans, 12 million on plans bought through Obamacare's government-run exchanges, and 9 million on other individually purchased plans (plus a rounding error of 1 million).

In other words, it would appear that a net 9 million people have lost their private health plans, thanks to Obamacare—with a net 5 million people having lost employer-based plans and a net 4 million people having lost individually purchased plans.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/cbo-m...ojection-by-24-million-people/article/2001732

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the article does not tell the whole truth ... as we can expect from your source.

I trust Forbes much more than your biased Weekly Standard. Forbes would never be called liberal. They are a good business magazine, have been since 1917.

From: http://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceja...-million-more-insured-americans/#6e2528ec6a85

A new study by the RAND Corp., which looked at a sampling of 1,600 Americans and their “transitions” to and from forms of health coverage between September 2013 and February 2015 and found 22.8 million Americans gained coverage. There were 5.9 million people who also lost coverage, leaving a net increase of 16.9 million, according to the analysis, published in the journal Health Affairs.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thing that I have lost is money and my favorite doctor. Everything concerning my Medicare Advantage Plan has "gone through the roof". My premium has almost tripled, my co-pays have increased in number and cost and I've already been rotated through 3 different primary care physicians.

If it weren't for the VA's bad reputation I would activate my veteran's health benefits Plan.

Obama did NOT tell the truth. "if you like your doctor...", "significant medicare savings...", etc, etc, ad infinitum, ad naseum.

Yes, I know others have lied but IMO, Obama has earned a BS, an MA and a PhD. in prevarication.

HankD

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah yes, numbers based on projections and estimates.

Reminds me of the Democrats claiming that adjustments to pending legislative spending plans were in fact, budget cuts.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it's called politicospeak.

HankD