1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Post Trib Surprise

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by ballfan, May 16, 2004.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Daniel David,

I am sorry, but I have hitherto not noticed your argument from John 14. I assume that the verses that you are speaking of are these:

John 14

1. "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
    2. "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
    3. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
    4. "And where I go you know, and the way you know.'' (NKJV)

and verse 3 in particular. Personally, I don’t see an argument for the pre-trib rapture in this verse. Jesus does not say in verse three where it is that He will be at any given time, but it does say that we will be with him. According to the post-trib view that I lean toward (I believe that other post-trib views are possibly correct), as Jesus is descending to the earth, the believers in him will be caught up to meet Him in the air (the rapture) and will return to the earth with Him and reign with Him for one thousand years (the millennium), and after than they will send eternity with Jesus in heaven. I do not understand where you see a conflict with this interpretation in John 14.

Additional note: I am glad to see you back in this thread. I am sorry for being somewhat less than Christian in some of my posts in this thread.