1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A question only for the reformed, please.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Scarlett O., May 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Laugh

Truly honored to be counted worthy to be included in Van's Rogues Gallery.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are there babies in the Resurrection?

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinists never tire of misrepresenting others, Aaron's words are "Rogues Gallery."

4. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    does the Bible say anywhere that there won't be?

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eternal life suggests we do not age, or at least only age very slowly. :)

Without addressing the topic reserved for like minded posters, I expect those who died in the arms of Christ at a young age will be given more mature bodies and minds. Absolutely no support from scripture, just my conjecture for what it is worth. :)

6. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not quite.

She said Reformed only assuming everyone here has the same definition of Reformed.

"And I am not looking for the comments or opinion of the non-reformed." Post #1

To me unbelievers are non-reformed.

Next time put it in the Baptist only section and you will keep a number of us (well, maybe there is more than one) out like those who think the meaning of Reformed can be taken literally at its best: a work done by the Lord Jesus Christ at salvation.

Therefore if any man be in Christ,
    he is a new creature:
    old things are passed away,
    behold, all things are become new.
    2 Corinthians 5:17

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this code for SGO is not a 4 or 5 point Calvinist?

8. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point in my having "said all of this to me" was merely to indicate that it's just possible for saved people to hold to various, and sometimes even contradictory viewpoints. without having to hurl charges of "heresy" on someone who may just have a viewpoint that may differ from yours. Which human being among ALL of the entire human race, past, present and/or future is the sole recipient of ALL truth? Please cite very specific Bible passage(s) that PROVE beyond any shadow of doubt that PROVE this sort of self-righteousness. I have been of the opinion that yours, mine, & anyone else might just disagree on certain doctrinal issues, but do any of us have the inherent right to charge anyone who just might see some things just a tad differently as, therefore, being a HERETIC? I was of the impression that Christians just might disagree with one another and yet still "speak the truth IN LOVE" as Ephesians 4:15 indicates. I've changed my viewpoints on somethings of which I was unfamiliar in the past 55 years since I received Jesus Christ as my Personal Savior. Thankfully those who pointed out to me these concepts didn't do so with a loaded AR-15 or a Billy Club in their hands. Should not we who state that we are, in fact, followers of truth personified try to emulate that Person's desires, especially when we post in a medium such as BB is--open to be read by some lost person(s)--as the adults we claim we are? If I've offended you or anyone else on BB for anything that I've posted in the past, presently, or in the future, I ask his/her forgiveness. "Can't we ALL just get along?"

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care much for logic, Dave.
    It's untrustworthy ( Proverbs 3:5-6 ).

Is there something unclear about God's word?
    Does it, in any way, shape or form, leave the qualifications of a believer unanswered?

Acts of the Apostles 13:48.
    John 3:16.

" He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." ( John 3:36 ).

John 5:24.
    John 10:26-29.
    John 11:25-26.
    John 20:31.
    Mark 16:16.
    Romans 8:28-30 <------ If they are not called by the word of God, then how can any of the rest be true?
    James 1:18 <---------- Same here.
    Romans 10:8-10 <------- as well as here.

Belief of the Gospel.
    Period.

#129 Dave G, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
  10. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It can be frustrating when people ruin a perfectly good pet theory by quoting the actual scripture and pointing out what God said, rather than the paraphrase of what we wanted Him to say ... but I do not view the Word as “nonsense”. (I cannot say the same for some oft repeated but unsupported opinions.)

• Like Like x 1
  11. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not elite, just honest that I was not seeking when God laid claim to me. More like Saul struck down on the road to Damascus than Andrew running after Jesus at the announcement of John the Baptist. To deny that God drew me though I deserved no such grace, is to deny the simple truth.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for clarifying that, Dave.

There it is...
    The exception to God's rule.
    No belief on Christ needed for those who, to our way of understanding, should automatically merit salvation from God.

One simply has to be of a certain age or condition... and God has promised to save some people apart from the belief of the Gospel.

Where is this in the Scriptures?
    Nowhere that I know of.
    So how is it that so many believe this if there's nothing in God's word that declares it beyond a doubt?
    Other than wishful thinking, I have no idea.:(

Frankly, I'm amazed at people who seem so unwilling to answer this from God's word...as if there is no answer.

#132 Dave G, May 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour warning

This will be closed no sooner than 5 am EDT / 2 am (PDT)

14. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    some like the Truth as taught in the Bible, while others are more interested in their "theology", and have little regard to what the Bible actually says. To say that someone is teaching or believes in "heresy", does NOT make them a "heretic", the two are very different. There are some Doctrines that are very important, like "for whom did Jesus Christ die", which is clear in the Bible, that it is for "everyone without exception". To believe otherwise, is in my view, "heresy". Nothing "self-righteous" about this, but good old Bible FACT!

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that a yes?

16. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    the reformed "theory" of election to slavation and that Jesus only died for them is indeed NONSENSE, as this is NOWHERE in the Holy Bible!

17. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    it is a question for you to deal with

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Au contraire. It's really something for you to deal with, imagining infant souls and baby-shaped ghosts either in heaven or hell. It's the thing of pagan superstition. Wouldn't you say?

19. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isaiah chapter 11, of the future Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ:

"A shoot will come out from the stump of Jesse, and a branch will bear fruit from his roots. 2 The Spirit of the LORD will rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and power, the Spirit of knowledge and fear of the LORD. 3 His delight will be in the fear of the LORD. He won't judge by what his eyes see, nor decide disputes by what his ears hear, 4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy, and decide with equity for earth's poor. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and the wicked will be killed with the breath of his lips. 5 Righteousness will be the sash around his loins, and faithfulness the belt around his waist." 6 "The wolf will live with the lamb; the leopard will lie down with the young goat. The calf and the lion will graze together, and a little child will lead them. 7 The cow and the bear will graze, and their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. 8 The nursing child will play over the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child will put his hand on vipers' dens. 9 They will neither harm nor destroy on my holy mountain; for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea."

#139 SavedByGrace, May 13, 2021
  20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonderful.

Now answer my question, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.