1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A reminder to satan!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by bruren777, Dec 7, 2005.

1. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

I was listening to pastor David Jeremiah on the radio this morning. Pastor Jeremiah said "When satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future"

I wish I had known that years ago. The enemy would remind of a sin I had committed, even though God had forgiven me. I would go back to God and confess that sin and He would say "what sin?". When God forgives you, he forgets the sin.

Psalm, 103:12, As far as east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. NASB

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Reminds me of the verse that tells us that a man, having put his hands to the plow, and looking back, is not fit for the Kingdom. I admit to having done that more than once.

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of Satan's best tools against Christians is to remind them of their past sins. While he knows he cannot take anyone's salvation, he hopes these reminders will make us less-effective witnesses, and will lessen our joy in Christ.

I don't care who you are...Satan will use that ploy against you. But simply remember..."Resist the devil, & he shall flee from you", keeping in mind that he will be back.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

A guilty victim as charged. Yes, we should be aware of our past sine so as not to repeat them, but we shouldn't let ourselves be consumed by them, which is how Satan often works. Hence the NT call to put your hands on the plow and not look back.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rom 4:6-8
    Bessed is BOB to whom God credits righteousness apart from BOB'S works

Blessed is BOB whose transgressions are sent away

Blessed is BOB whose sins are covered.

Blessed is BOB whose sin the Lord will never, ever count against him.