1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Response to our President's Moral Leadership

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Steven Yeadon, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is a good man with common sense. Unfortunately, common sense is not very common anymore. It is a true rarity in liberals.

2. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh please, that's a poor character assassination. I agree that I may have went a little too far with that comment. That said, I try very hard to be fair to President Trump given he does not act how a Christian man, let alone Christian leader, should. I mean look throughout this thread and read it compared to some liberal poster at DailyKOS. You'll see that I am an independent moderate who holds thoroughly to the bible. Now I would love to continue this thread, but please do not attack me personally, that is against the Sermon on the Mount and is a sin. Especially between spiritual brothers.

3. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reynolds,

I feel I need to challenge the view that President Trump has done nothing wrong since becoming President. I re-post the material I had posted about President Trump's very public sins.

What comes to mind in defining how president Trump sins, most often is foolishness as defined by Proverbs:

What Does the Bible Say About Fool?

Also, there is a failure to try and live up to the Sermon on the Mount's moral teachings in what I can only describe as "in manifest ways."

(Matthew 5) (Matthew 6)

The president seems to not realize that anger, name-calling, mocking, divorce, and lust, among others, are all very wrong.

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trumps actions in office are just fine. Most of your allegations go back many years. Name calling is just fine, so long as it is true.

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take that as an admission that Trump is evil and immoral and though you won't admit it, he is worse than any president we have ever had.