1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A sad anniversary, and a nice article...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by D28guy, Aug 25, 2007.

1. D28guy

D28guy New Member

2 days from now...August 27th...will be a sad day for many around the part of Kentucky where I live. One year ago on that day there was a terrible jet crash at the Lexington Ky airport. You may remember it from the national news. Somehow the jet attempted to take off from the wrong runway. A runway meant for much smaller planes. It never went airborn, crashing into a hill just beyond the runway. Everyone on board was killed except the co-pilot, who was very badly hurt and wasnt at 1st expected to live. Somehow he did, but is still facing great obstacles today.

Anyway, this is a particulary sad thing for me because its the 1st time something like this has happened and I knew one of the victims. Her name was Linda McKee and she was a co-worker of mine at the hospital where I work. A fine christian lady and as nice a person as you will ever meet. I spoke with her on her last night of work, and she spoke of how excited she was to go and visit her daughter out of state and see her young grandkids. Never entered my mind that she'd never make it.

We all had heard of the crash that Sunday morning of course. It was big news around here. But when a friend called me at home from the hospital and told me it was Lindas flight, it really hit me hard. I was just stunned. I cried. It really personalises a tragedy like this. And it makes you realise how fleeting this earthly life can be, and that we should treasure all the people and blessings that God has blessed us with. And be THANKFUL!

The Lexington newspaper has been featuring some human interest stories involving this tragedy, and I thought todays was particularly appropriate for this board, so I'm sharing a link to it.

One quick thing 1st, however. Linda had mentioned one time that her daughter always felt guilty about asking her Mom to come spend a week. Linda said that the reason she always felt guilty because it took Linda away from the Gift Shop, which Linda ran at the hospital. Well, can you just imagine what her daughter might be dealing with now?....

"If I hadnt have asked Mom to come visit..."

Please pray for Lindas family, and the families of all the victims of this crash on Monday the 27th.

Here is the link...

http://www.kentucky.com/211/story/158105.html

God bless,

Mike

#1 D28guy, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2007
  2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand, Mike. I have family who live in Somerset. The daughter and victim's families will be in my prayers.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Sad, and I will pray also.