1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A simple Example of Evolutionism's fiction

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BobRyan, Nov 25, 2004.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What appeared to be a nice progression when relatively few data were available now appears to be much more complex and much less gradualistic. So Darwin's problem has not been alleviated in the last 120 years and we still have a record which does show change but one which can hardly be look upon as the most reasonable consequence of natural selection.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raup said --

quote:
    Well, we are now about 120 years after Darwin, and knowledge of the fossil record has been greatly expanded. ... Ironically, we have even fewer examples of evolutionary transition than we had in Darwin's time. By this I mean that some of the classic cases of Darwinian change in the fossil record, such as the evolution of the horse in North America, have had to be discarded--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously it was "discarded" because it was "all wrong". It was a "story easily made up" but it "never happened in nature".

So getting back to the initial point UTEOTW -- "Darwin's problem" was defined as what? What "problem" was DARWIN dealing with?

In Christ,

Bob

2. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

I took your challenge Bob, not take mine.

Go through the FULL QUOTE of your dear Simpson quote and tell us what you think he was attempting to communicate with each line.

It is not my fault that once more of Raup's statement is exposed than what you gave us, it becomes quite clear that he was saying that gradualism, as envisioned by Darwin, is what we do not find happening in general. Sorry if that is a disappointment to you, but when Raup says "Darwins problem with the fossil record has NOT been alleviated," he means that the fossil finds do not support Darwinian gradual evolution but instead show puncuated equilibrium.

I am sorry that Raup, in the very article you choose to quote, calls evolution a "fact."

I am sorry that he says that even the rarely used mechanism of Darwinian gradual change by natural selection still has a "mountain" of evidence.

I am sorry that the full quotes never reveal the statement to be what you made it out to be.

But, that's not my problem.

3. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"UTEOTW's "dodge" for this POINTED post is simply."

Did you read?

There was no dodge. I did the same thing to you that I always do. I provided a fuller quote and revealed your snippet to mean something else when placed in context.

Here again is how you present the quote.

Here again is the full quote.

Here again is my paraphrase.

I again demand your paraphrase of the full quote that shows that when dealing with the FULL QUOTE you can still make it say the same thing as what you attempt in your snippet of a quote.

4. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

If you honestly believe that you are quoting homestly, you will rise up to the challenge. If you are not quoting honestly and know it, then it is predicatible that you will either not attempt to paraphrase the whole quote or you will only selectively do so and falsely call it done.

5. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

I will not hold my breath waiting for you to treat a quote honestly.

6. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

I see that in your last quote of Raup, true to form, you remove the "modified" part of the quote to make it appear to say that he said the horse series had to be "discarded." Subtle evidence that you know you are misquoting. You removed the possibily of the reader recognising the part of the quote that is less charitable to your position.

An example of the fruits of YE.

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    See? the "DETAIL" that you IGNORE everytime - "as if it did not exist" is finally the only thing I leave IN the quote - to see if you will EVER admit to having seen Raup SAY "DISCARDED" in HIS own statement!

Finally - you admit he DID say it!!

(Wow has THAT ever been a long time in coming).

If you have such trouble with the "easy" part of the debate - what of the more difficult concepts?

Your other ploy is to pretend that Christians can not quote Simpson WITHOUT ALSO claiming that SIMPSON is no longer an evolutionist!

(Not that anyone believes you when you make those absurd claims )

Here is another set of Simpson quotes with some comments by me SHOWING that Simpson is NOT expected to abandon is religious faith in evolutionism simply because he notes a blunder in that religion.

Q: Was a continuous sequence PRESENTED as fact in the horse series? Answer: YES!

Q: Was that simply a “story easy enough to make up … but not science”? Answer: YES!

“Obviously” the claim we make here is NOT the Simpson is no longer an atheist. “Obviously” the claim we make here is not that Simpson is not an “evolutionist anyway” – in spite of the disconfirming evidence. It is that he sees the problem with the WELL KNOWN horse series and admits. No doubt he clings to evolutionism “anyway” and hopes that punctuated equilibrium will be the “excuse” needed for lack of transitional forms (a lack “predicted” by the Creation story in Genesis).

These “popularizations” are simply “not true” they are “not science”. Yet “still” they are “stories easy enough to make up” eh UTEOTW?

(And of course a few other quotes from that same section of my notes)

In Christ,

Bob

8. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Bob, by avoiding the challenge of paraphrasing the full Simpson quote for us, you are showing that even YOU KNOW that you are not being honest with us when you quote. You do not take the challenge because you know it is impossible to do without revealingthat you changed the meaning by the way you presented the snippet. Just like you were shown to have done yesterday with the Raup quote. Raup says that contrary to Darwin, the data for evolution shows that punctuated equilibrium predominates over gradualism as a mechanism. You quote the smaller amount of evidence for gradual processes in a way that makes it sound like there is not any evidence for ANY mechanism. You lied to us. Just as you have lied to us by trying to tell us that Simpson said that the horse series does not exist.

You refuse the challenge because you know you are wrong.

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here again is the full quote....

</font>[/QUOTE]And there "AGAIN" you FAILED to SHOW something either IN the quote that is not exact OR in my comment about the quote that in any way changes the fact of the quote or the force of the quote I provided!

Why can't you actually "make your case" IN the details??

Why are "details" and facts so unpleasant for you?

There is no doubt that Simpson REMAINs an evolutoinist and DEPRIVED of the "story" if continuous evolutionary change from ancestor to descendant he will STILL tell "stories' by stringing EVEN LARGER gaps together and BY FAITH claiming that they STILL show ancestor-descendant evolutionary change happened.

(Recall that in the end - the horsey has to have a mommie -- like it or not)

Then it (INCREASE in SIZE from ancestor to Descendant) OCCURED QUITE IRREGULARLY ... different degrees, different LINES all changing size.

Consider that lineA is NOT the ancestor of LINE B. LINE A changes have no effect at all on LINE B descendants.

Why? Because in the end "The horsey has to have a mommie"!

In the end it is the ANCESTOR that gives birth to the descendant - NOT some "other line".

Punctuated equilibirium brings the "Stories" of evolutionism CLOSER to what is actually found in the fossil record AND CLOSER to what God's Creation "account" predicts in Gen 1-2:3.

LINES do not producde DESCENANTS in OTHER parallel lines. In the end it is ONLY ANCESTORS give birth to descendants. There is "no victory" in abserving a "Change in another line" as if that is going to get the descendants in THIS line to change.

And there is no victory (for the religion of evolutionism) in saying of that OTHER line - there is no way even WITHIN the line to show change from ancestor to descendant.

Read it and weep!

In Christ,

Bob

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did you SHOW some meaning I gave it that is not true?

Yet??

Ok I see. "not yet"!

But you keep making that claim! Doesn't that bother you just a little?

NOW THERE is a case where I alter the quote! Please us that example if you like.

Notice the PROBLEM that Darwin has is that the "Horsey has a mommy!" and he knows that in the end he NEEDS ancestors to have children that are "different" from the ancestor in slight degrees. (Hopeful monster stories not withstanding)

"you quote AS IF" -- what a "story" to base your baseless charge upon.

I repeatedly claim that evolutionists ARE STILL evolutionists and STILL by faith believe in CHANGE!

I have not only implied it I EXPLICITLY STATE it!

How can you keep up your pattern of baseless charges without actuall evidence other than "quote AS IF" charges followed by "you lied to us"??

Your methods fit perfectly the "stories easy enough to make up" of evolutionism in general!

In Christ,

Bob

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually this is just a case of you not telling the truth "again".

Raup ADMITS that THE horse series published in books FAMILIAR TO ALL and "popularized" in the late 1800 DOES NOT EXIST in nature! Did you SEE HIM SAY IT??

Would you like to SEE it again?

However YOUR bait-and-switch response is to SWITCH from the context of THE SERIES first published in the late 1800's and jump to the modern "damage control" story about ANOTHER way for horse evolution to be shown. An entirely DIFFERENT claim than was being SHOWN in the horse SERIES of the late 1800's.

By CHANGING the defintion of "THE HORSE SERIES" in the middle of your response you are misdirecting and creating a baseless pointless rabbit trail.

See? Yet?

In Christ,

Bob

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You can not cling to BOTH the stories about "THE" Horse series first popularized in the late 1800's AND the modern damage control tactics invented to shore up the glaring blunder of evolutionism in telling that story.

Either the damage control "stories" are true OR the actual HORSE SERIES popularized IN SCIENCE text books since the late 1800s is true - they can not BOTH be true because the DAMAGE CONTROL version says of the OLDER version

"ALL wrong"

"Never happened in nature"

"Lamentable"

"FALSIFIED"

"DISCARDED"

"STORIES easy enough to make up... but NOT SCIENCE!"

How can you miss the obvious - so often???

In Christ,

Bob

13. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Take the challenge Bob. The evidence is that you know you are lying to us and are afraid of exposing yourself.

I have shown you in the past where you have made your mistakes in all the above snippets. But it is time to pin you down on one example. YOu claim that you have never incorrectly presented a quote. I say you have. The Simpson quote seems to be the one youthrow out the most, so I choose that one. I gave the full quote and I assert that it gives a different meaning that what is implied by your snippet. YOu disagree.

Fine. Put up or shut up. Paraphrase the whole quote to show us that what Simpson was talking about was actually that the horse series never existed. Show that my claims that he was talking about gradualism and how THAT is what did not happen are wrong. Show us.

You do not because you know you are lying to us and you do not want to be exposed any further.

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wrong - "again" UTEOTW.

There is NO evidence that you have ever been able to prove a single baseless charge.

The BEST you have come up with is that you "don't like" the quotes I show to be EXACT quotes of your hallowed atheist icons on the subject of evolutionism.

How "instructive" - wouldn't you say?

You keep making baseless charges - but -- have nothing to support them.

Wrong "as usual" UTEOTW.

You have SHOWN that you prefer NOT to pay attention to the details in the EXACT quotes I provide and to focus INSTEAD on OTHER statements by those same authors AS IF that enables you to engage in a kind of "revisionist history' that ignores the details "evolutionism needs you to ignore".

How sad that you should claim those transparent tactics of yours - have "proven" something about anyone but yourself!

Why not simply address the DETAILS in the quotes I gave above?

You are getting warmer - but still glaringly wrong in a very big area of your statement above.

You say 'it is time to pin you down on ONE example"

You are wrong - it is LONG PAST TIME to do that!

It was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY passed the point where you should have been able to "SHOW IN DETAIL" how any of your bogus accusations could be sustained BESIDES arguing that the SAME author that DISPLEASES you - ALSO in other quotes PLEASES you.

Your transparent methods have not served you well so far.

Wrong "again" UTEOTW.

I have been quoting Gould Patterson and Raup almost non-stop. Simpson has been usefull - but Raup, Eldridge, and Patterson have been getting most of my attention.

Are the "facts" really that hard for you?

I did not "imply" anything - you merely "infer" to your hearts content and then transparently charge that whatever you imagine or infer - (without actually having a quote from me to that affect) is your "proof".

How sad.

How consistent with the stories of evolutionism that as Patterson says "are EASY enough to make up" but have no basis in fact --

What a silly position to take UTEOTW. Do you actually READ the posts???

I charge that THE Horse Series "popularized" in the late 1800 and STILL LAMENTABLE in the published works of the 1980s was "DISCARDED" was "ALL WRONG" (THEIR words not mine) and that even SIMPSON admitted to it as he points out that WHAT THAT SERIES claims to SHOW in its EXPLICIT ancestor decendant SERIES - "never happened in nature".

How in the world can you keep pretending to cling to BOTH the discredited HORSE series of the late 1800's AND to the authors that DECRY it?

Yours is a self-conflicted evolutionist world - to be sure.

Huh??

Please come back to earth! Join in actually POINTING to details to make your case.

Do you really think that continuing to "make stuff up" is going to help your case here?

Please be serious.

In Christ,

Bob

15. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Bob, you verify that you know you own dishonestly by not playing the game. Paraphrase each line of the full SImpson quote to show that when read in context, it mean the same thing as what you imply with your snippet.

You will not meet the challenge because you are fully aware of your own dishonesty. To go through line by line you would either be forced to show a different meaning than what you iniitally claimed or you would have to deviate far from the obvious reading.

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    UTEOTW - since you seemed to start out the thread with a flurry of bogus ideas - perhaps one that is specific to the actual topic might help.

You should be totally embarrassed by that summary of yours.

If you still had objective critical thinking as something you used in debates - you would have said that the author shows that he rejects the fossil record as forming any kind of valid argument in favor of evolutionism - but he does find OTHER sources to make the argument FOR evolutionism.

Instead of that - you (can't help yourself "I guess" so you exactly NEGATE his opening point AS if you could REVISE the argument in the quote AS IF the author had REALLY said

But instead of taking a DEFENDABLE position as I show in my summary above -- you take that bogus approach of exactly contradicting your own source! You can't seem to help "jumping off a cliff" into hyper revisionism in exactly contradicting the source you choose to quote.

Now admittedly that quote was not one of my initiatives in the least - but your own post shows the degree to which you feel free to ignore what is actually written.

Have you no respect at all for "details"?

In Christ,

Bob

17. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Quit changing the subject.

Go line by line through the Simpson quote and show us that when taken it full it still means the same as when you present it as saying the horse series "never existed."

18. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Oh, and you know how things go when you try to quote. Let me give even more of the Ridley quote above. Same article.

Again, we see that Ridley is talking about evolution being a "fact" and that it can be proven without even referring to the fossil record. He is not saying the fossil record is worhtless or useless. He is saying the record from other sources is so good that it is unneeded.

19. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Now, let's have that line by line paraphrase of Raup if you think you have quoted hin correctly. Maintain your obstinance if you have not.

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quit making baseless charges USE ACTUAL QUOTES to SHOW what you claim I am saying!

IS it so hard for you to rely on FACT INSTEAD of "you are IMPLYING" or "you are not saying but are sorta making me think about this as you speak to this subject"... kind of wishy washy arguments??

Come on - put the facts on the table.

I SHOW that not ONLY Simpson BUT ALL those I have quoted "LAMENT" THE horse series first published in the late 1800's.

THE HORSE series that THEY Say "IS ALL WRONG".

THE HORSE series that THEY SAY "never happend in nature"

THE HORSE series that THEY say "is discarded"

THE HORSE SERIES that THEY SAY "is LAMENTABLE" simply because it EXISTS in science text books in the 1980's!!!

How you can "pretend" not to get this is beyond me.

But you are married to "stories EASY ENOUGH to MAKE up... but they are NOT SCIENCE" Colin Patterson.

However - IF you took any time at all for objective thought, for critical thought you would QUICKLY see that you have an even WORSE problem for youself by your zeal for the doctrines of evolutionism -- you have destroyed it.

And lets explore that for a minute. (Clear, objective thought will be needed so brace yourself).

In Christ,

Bob