1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the president

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'll refute supposed facts not distortions of supposed facts

I don't see many bone idle Muslims. I see them working their butts off in our NHS, setting up small businesses like corner shops and running them successfully. It's not a case of wanting cheap workers but young ones: we, as I think do you too, have a demographic time bomb with too many Baby Boomers reaching retirement and care home age and too few active workers to pay for them. Now, we either make the Boomers work until they're all 87 or dead, or we have to make them pay more for their own care either through taxation and/ or insurance and/ or their own resources.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you can't work, you get Social Security disability--you know that.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also take a look at Matthew 5:3 and Matthew 21:31 in other words, if the system is a mess, those outside of it are really at a significant advantage. Isn’t that unsettling... that the outcast stands in the head start position in the Kingdom? LOL

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try it sometime.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyway you did not answer my question... not directly. Should my family have broken up over our situation and not taken the Social Security... is that your underlying answer.

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go again.

The Labour Party is like the progressive elements of the Democrat Party. Corbyn, or so we heard, couldn't even denounce Putin and the Russians for their crime against humanity in Salisbury. Labour reminds me of Menenius in Shakespeate's Coiolanus where he says that the patrician Senate is the belly of the body that sends nourishment to all other parts of the body.

Is a class system really useful to run a state? The people cannot afford big government. We see that very clearly in the rust belt.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What year are you talking about? No, I don't advocate family breakup. Nor do I advocate big government welfare like Germany and England.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And here we are in the Easter season, once again observing the one rejected by the norms of religion & culture, Jerusalem & Rome... the one crucified outside the walls, became our Lord and Savior. The victim here is the Lord! So do we now have a healthy mistrust for domination, exclusion and victimization? Paul refers to this as the “folly of the cross” 1 Corinthians 1:17-31.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let’s be honest, you are not in favor of government welfare for aliens.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

11. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Labour isn't a monolith - this week the main theme has been the denunciation by Labour MPs and activists of anti-Semitism and of Corbyn's failure adequately to deal with it.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am in favor of closing the borders and deporting alien felons. We are twenty trillion in debt. Let the UK and Germany have our future immigrants. We don't need anymore unskilled cheap labor. Let Muslims stay in their own countries. Doesn't Dubai need some cheap labor?

13. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not yet, about 3 more years to go.

14. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes I do, and I tell them that my industry needs workers and they can kill 2 birds with one stone - have a place to live (the truck) and money so they can eat. I have not noticed that many have mental issues, what I do notice is that they seem to be perfectly physically able to work. I see the same thing when I go into the big cities, lot's of young men just hanging out on the street. Sorry, but I do not have one bit of sympathy for them.

Sure in that sense I was "lucky", or as I like to say "blessed". I had 2 good parents who loved me and raised me up in a loving home and my Dad worked extremely hard to provide all he could. Conversely, I have seen people who started out in this world in worse shape than me and they have succeeded. I think that in the end it all comes down to the individual, not having "this" or "that" is a copout.

15. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I just read a story about a Muslim "preacher" today. He had his own council house and his wife had her own council house. Not only that, but he was being paid by the government as her "carer". Man, what a racket!

16. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Yes, well, I'll go with data rather than anecdote (the former is not the plural of the latter); I see in that regard no one has commented on the appalling death toll associated with welfare cuts.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    4 for me

18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread closed at the request of the op

Thread Status: