1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a small writing on ''True love''

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Natha, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Natha

Natha Natha - India
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear Baptist brethren,,
    I am inspired to write small writing here
    What is Christian Love? WHAT IS TRUE LOVE?
    Recently i am troubled with some people..
    So i inspired to write this little writing,.
    WHAT IS LOVE....
    A SELF LESS REACTION COMES FROM LOVE..
    WHAT EVER
    WE ARE DOING WITHOUT SELFISH MIND IS LOVE
    Once i went to teach on love to my bible college people
    Love explained in 4 ways...
    LOVE 1 = EROS
    Eros is the physical, sensual love between a husband and wife.
    This can run for life long time ..
    If the terms and benefits in flesh stops.. this love can stop..
    In this age of end.. many families are breaking down.. Husband and wife are getting divorce and going to join with others.. This couple love is not strong in many people lives.. so they are going to divide.
    Special Sex is the key matter in this love... very sad
    God created humans male and female and instituted marriage in the Garden of Eden. Within marriage, sex is used for emotional and spiritual bonding and for reproduction.
    God made marriage holy means.. not to check or think on sex only,,.
    God is not allowed to take divorces ,,. so we can understand this matter.
    Paul told the Corinthians that "if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion" (1 Cor 7:9).

LOVE 2 = PHILIA (PHILOSE)
    Philia means close friendship or brotherly love in Greek. It is one of the four types of love in the Bible.
    This love can run for long time...,
    if there is any error or misunderstanding.. this can broke
    Phileo (verb) means “ ‘to have ardent affection and feeling’—a type of impulsive love” ( Nelson’s New Illustrated Bible Dictionary , 1995, “Love”). This is the natural, human type of love and affection that we have for a friend and is often defined as “brotherly love.”
    Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. (Romans 12:10 )
    Jesus told the disciples and He tells us today, "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you" (John 15:12-14)

LOVE 3 .. STORGE (STORCH)
    Storge is family love, the bond among mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers.
    STORGE: This is the type of love signifying the natural affection between kinfolk. This word appears only occasionally in the New Testament and only in compound form.
    This is the love of community and family. Often dutiful, sometimes unfeeling, but very strong none the less. It is a natural, carnal love, but powerful enough to be a real hindrance to spiritual growth, especially when family and culture are holding you down. It is a love that may pull you towards a lesser path.
    This love is very powerful... whole world is having this love.. Many times this love is going to break down.. due to self desires, selfish mindsets,

LOVE 4 : .... AGAPEO (AGAPE)
    Agape is selfless, sacrificial, unconditional love, the highest of the four types of love in the Bible.

This Greek word and variations of it are found throughout the New Testament. Agape perfectly describes the kind of love Jesus Christ has for his Father and for his followers:
    AGAPE: This Greek word for love is by far the one that appears most frequently in the New Testament. It is, “…generally assumed to mean moral goodwill which proceeds from esteem, principle, or duty, rather than attraction or charm
    EVERY DAY
    many people are suffering for some food
    many people suffering with sick and pain
    many people going to die without hearing gospel to go to heaven
    Jesus proved his agape love..
    every 5 seconds 9 people going to die.. 6 of them are not hear the gospel..
    we need to work together to show Agape love to all human kind..
    Wonderful God who is showing agape love to us..
    Norman Geisler offers this description of the different nuances of these words: “Erotic love is egoistic. It says, “My first and last consideration is myself.” Philic love is mutualistic. It says, “I will give as long as I receive.” Agapic love, on the other hand, is altruistic, saying, “I will give, requiring nothing in return.”
    It is the agape kind of love which God has for us, and for which we are commanded to have for one another. Even our expression of agape love is but a pale example of God’s agape love for us.
    LET US MAKE SURE TO SHOW AND PROVE OUR AGAPE LOVE

• Like Like x 1