1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A thought about music from Foundations Bible College

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Salty, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    FBC Radio is not a station for Southern Gospel music or "cutting-edge" contemporary Fundamentalist music. The cry now is for a new view of music because the belief is that many churches are “full of dead, lifeless people” singing “boring music” and hymns written 100 to 200 years ago. However, the problem is not the old hymns of the faith nor the music that has been handed down. Sadly, many professing Christians have lost out in communion with God, and today’s leaders are turning to the world’s style of music to animate the lifeless souls. The hope of FBC Radio is to maintain an honorable presentation of our hymns of the faith to bless a remnant of Christians who desire to further their walk with God in an age of compromise.

Link for above statement

• Like Like x 1
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My favorite hymn is a really, really old one - "Be Thou My Vision". I love the old hymns that I was raised on.