1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Traitor is Honored

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Harrill, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

How about listening to the words of Jesus himself?

John 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

Being a Christian doesn't mean one cannot disagree on politics. God doesn't belong to a political party.

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

That guy in the extreme upper right hand corner sort of looks like John Kerry....Hmmm I wonder, mighty suspicious indeed . Well this isn't the first time that Kerry has been spotted in the company of Jane Fonda.

3. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Come on, Rocko: you're better than that....

BiR

[Edited text in bold]

#43 Baptist in Richmond, Jan 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2007
  4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

:laugh:
    Yeah I know BiR, I'm just feeling uncommonly bad today. I Just hope everybody can forgive me for it.

5. Baptist in Richmond

What are you doing tonight? I am supposed to be working from home, but cannot stop watching the Sugar Bowl. This is turning out to be a good game. I don't really have a horse in this race (I am a Tennessee Grad, so I cheer for the Vols - and the Tribe!) so I am just looking for a good clean hard-hitting football game.

Hope all is well with you,
    BiR

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

The "> >" indicates two forwards.

7. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

I haven't had the heart to watch football since the Arkansas loss. There have been some incredible match ups this year in the Bowl games. Good luck to our SEC team Tennessee.
    Hope all is well withyou too BiR.

8. Baptist in Richmond

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/recaps/2007/01/01/35613_recap.html

Nope, we looked awful. I was watching in horror as both the Vols and the Razorbacks went down to Big 10 teams. At least Auburn beat Nebraska....

With 3:48 left in the 3rd quarter, LSU is ahead of Notre Dame 27-14. Let's hope they can hold on!

Talk with you soon,
    BiR

9. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Don't forget my Wildcats beating Clemson in the Music City Bowl!

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A sincere apology will go a long way.

It is clear from her previous imitation of an apology that what she is really sorry for is letting them take that picture.

She needs to apologize for being there in the first place. The picture is only part of it. She also made a propaganda radio broadcast for the N. Vietnamese.

She should go individually to every former POW that is still alive and beg their forgiveness for aiding in their torture, and publicly admit she is a traitor and apologize for that as well.

Insincere blatherings upon the release of her next movie or book simply won't do. It's like applying a band-aid to stop the bleeding from a knife in the heart.

11. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

I have a question. Do you think that we as free Americans have the right to demonstrate publically that we do not think a particular war our government got us into is unsupportable morally and that we should discontinue fighting that war? If not, why not based on the Constitution and Bill of Rights. If you think we cannot show our opinion about what we consider to be an unjust war what other things are we not allowed to be against?

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Carpro,

I have some questions.

Do you as an American Veteran (having defended freedom) have the right to publicly disagree with the actions and politics of another American? Do you have the right to state when an American has abused his (or her) freedom? Do you have the right to call a traitor a traitor?

Have you earned that right? Or, was that right guaranteed by the Bill of Rights?

Or . . . was that freedom "won . . . by the end of a gun" and the blood of millions of Americans?

Be free!

13. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not in this life. And her so called profession came at a time she wanted to repair her image. "if" is the operative word. She wasn't. By their fruits ye shall know them.

14. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I certainly have my doubts that miss fonda has seen any sincere change. There is no reason in scripture to just take someone at their word. We need to see friut.

15. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

My belief is that freedom of speech, which includes my right to disagree with an unjust war like the Iraq war and your right to call Jane Fonda a traitor, is guaranteed by the Constitution and the Bill of rights. It has been preserved by fighting in wars like WW2 in which our country was under attack and threatened. If the Nazi's ruled the world today we would definitely not have this right.

As a Christian I believe that we should only go to war when it is absolutely necessary and as a last resort. We need to focus on the battle with Satan's army.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

16. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I think I can agree with you in this thread.

17. Baptist in Richmond

So, you don't forgive her, despite her apology? Wow.....

Regards anyway,
    BiR

18. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

changed my mind

#58 hillclimber1, Jan 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2007
  19. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

In her particular case no. I would have to believe her first, and I don't. Fruit BIR, fruit.

20. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Let us take Saddam as an example. If he were to have accepted Christ at the last, He'd have been saved, but I would not accept his salvation as anything but nonsense till meeting him in Glory. These people spend a lifetime building a wall of separation from God. It would be harder to accept than the idea of a camel through the eye of the needle.