1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A very serious major doctrinal change after the apostles

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Apostle paul said that IF a man has not the Spirit residing in him, he is not Christs!

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You speak nonsense. You have not proven I said anything wrong. You only show that you want to start with that irritating spirit you have and the one with an anger problem.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You do not understand the scriptures.

Read and consider carefully Acts 10:43.

Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

The Old Testament people did not know about Jesus until Jesus came to earth. Acts 10:43 is about the Old Testament Prophets prophesying about what was to be, not what was! Everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sin through his name that is about WHEN Jesus' ministry comes.

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

God did not destroy them because of their repentance. That does not mean they became God’s children. God’s children were circumcised. God’s children had to obey the law.

I am not saying the people of Nineveh died and cast into hell. I am saying that the Jews were God’s people. God walked among the Jews. God was in the tabernacle, and the temple. God had the personal relationship with the Jews.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but he also could show grace upon the gentiles who would come to Him thru the Old Covenant basis, and the Ninevites repented and believed in Yahweh, and received forgiveness from him!

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You know how the Old Testament Prophets had the Holy Spirit, so that God could speak to His people, and you know how God was in the tabernacle, and the temple, and how God says if His people obey Him He will walk among them…well, God did that with the Jews, not with other people, unless they converted. The people of Nineveh were saved from being killed in this life because of their repentance. To say that they continued to have a personal relationship with God by obeying the Law of Moses is just not stated in the scriptures. If the scriptures do not say it, then I do not say it.

Just read in Jonah how Jonah was on the ship, the Captain told Jonah, “How can you sleep? Get up and call on your god!” The people on the ship even greatly feared the LORD, and they offered a sacrifice to the LORD and made vows to him. Does that mean they were now God’s people too? I do not even venture to those thoughts, because God’s children had to obey the law, the ceremonial laws just to worship Him. The Bible says, “Remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.” That is about the Gentiles and others. Do I think God cast all to hell who was not His children? No, I do not think that, but I do not think they were with Abraham either when they died. After Jesus was crucified, he went to the spirits in prison, to those who disobeyed before.

Again, the Jews were God’s children on earth in the Old Testament times.

7. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He was called "Christ" or "Annointed" one in the Old Testament. David called him "Lord" in Psalm 110:1. Isaiah 53 explicitly preached that remission of sins was through him. Hebrews 4:2 explictly states the gospel of Christ was preached, heard but rejected by many in the Old Testament.

Peter does not say "all the prophets give witness" and then stop without telling Corneilius what their witnesss/testimony was! He tells them precisely what their testimony consisted - they testified that "through his name whosoever believeth shall receive remission of sins."

Jesus told his disciples that all the prophets spoke of him as well (Lk. 24:24-25; 44-45).

However, his disciples were just like YOU! Jesus had to open their understanding so they would believe all the prophets spoke of him before they could see and believe it:

Lk. 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

This is precisely what God needs to do for you as you understand nothing of scripture - nothing!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So God ONLY saved jews under the Old Covenant?

9. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Yup, she needs to have the Holy Spirit INSIDE of her ... just like her OT buddies had.
    What a laugh!

But, we gotta hand it to her ... she sure's got herself one ____ of a wonderful imagination.
    Hey, praise God for small blessings!

Meanwhile, as you know, we're collecting votes to have her barred from the Forum.
    Only a few more ... and that should do it!

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Of course, the demons do not want the truth spoken.

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Jews were the only ones who were called God’s people, and God’s children. The Jews had the relationship with God. The Jews had to believe and obey, just as we do now.

#111 Moriah, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
  12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

David was prophesying.
    There was a gospel spoken in the Old Testament, and there is a gospel spoken of in the New Testament. The gospel of God was spoken to them in the Old Testament and it had to be combined with faith, just as the gospel we hear in the New Testament must be combined with faith. That does not mean that Jesus was proclaimed in the Old Testament.

You fell in love with man’s words, not God’s Truth.

The Old Testament prophesied about Jesus. The prophecies are about what WAS to come, but not what was!

The gospel of the New Testament was a mystery to those in the Old Testament. The Apostles revealed the mystery! The mystery was not known but revealed in the New Testament. People did not benefit from the gospel message of the NEW COVENANT UNTIL IT WAS THE NEW COVENANT.

Ephesians 6:19 Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,

Matthew 13:11 He replied, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.

Romans 16:25-27 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writingsby the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him— 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

1 Corinthians 4:1 So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God.

Jesus saved me and opened the eyes of my heart about 14 years ago, and I have been growing in understanding and knowledge ever since, able to more adequately explain what was already in my heart.

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Biblicist
    Peter does not say "all the prophets give witness" and then stop without telling Corneilius what their witnesss/testimony was! He tells them precisely what their testimony consisted - they testified that "through his name whosoever believeth shall receive remission of sins."

Jesus told his disciples that all the prophets spoke of him as well (Lk. 24:24-25; 44-45).

Moriah answered:

You fell in love with man’s words, not God’s Truth.

GE:

It is NOT "man's words"! "Lk. 24:24-25; 44-45" as it happens, first, is God's Written Word; and next, is God's Written Word of _Jesus'_ own spoken words.

The whole Old Testament speaks of Jesus Christ "the Nazarene" or it is as empty of God and "God's Truth" as is the Koran.

#113 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Aug 1, 2012
  14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You do not understand what Biblicist was saying, and you do not understand what I was saying.

Those scriptures are the Word of God. Biblicists explanation of those scriptures are not the word of God, it is the words of men who teach that falseness.

Biblicist claims those scriptures say that people could be saved by Jesus in the Old Testament times. I told Biblicist he loves man’s words more than God’s word, BECAUSE he said people could believe in Jesus in the Old Testament times and be saved.

That is man’s teachings not from God.

The Old Testament prophesied about the coming of the Messiah, that does not mean they could already be saved by Jesus blood before his blood was shed.

I hope you understand now. I would like to explain more to you if you still do not understand what I said and meant.

#114 Moriah, Aug 1, 2012
  15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Moriah, you said in another thread, Quoting ...

"The ungodly Elect are Justified by the blood of Christ alone before God's bar of Justice, before they know of it and embrace it by Faith, and so Rom 5:1 means that God given Faith has now embraced or received the fact of having been afore time Justified by Christ's Blood Rom 5:9 or His Grace Titus 3:7; 2 Tim 1:9; It is then Faith introduces us into the Grace that we stand Rom 5:2 in before God because of the Blood and Merits of Christ on our behalf !

The NASB is good here for Rom 5:2

through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

However the Elect's whole unconverted life was spent under the Justifying blood of Christ, being preserved until being called Jude 1:1

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Calling follows being preserved. Paul recognized his preservation until called also by grace Gal 1:15

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

You see, regardless if we realize it by faith or not, the Blood of Christ has paid the sin debt one owed to God's Law and Justice, that was incurred in Adam and in our own physical persons. You see it is the Blood of Christ that had the Justifying merit before God, not our act of believing it ! Our believing it is only God giving us our own comfort and assurance of it !" End of Quote

Now be consistent, because exactly like after Christ the elect are now being saved, the elect before Christ were then being saved.

People. the elect before Christ, believed in Christ --- in Jesus Christ BECAUSE they had been saved : IN THE CHRIST; and then and therefore and thereby were led to a knowledge of their salvation and given an assurance of it through the gift of and from God of faith.

ABSOLUTELY _NO_ difference!

16. A Faithful Sidekick

A Faithful Sidekick New Member

Old Testament saints looked forward with faith to the Cross, prefigured in the Old Testament sacrifices and holy days and ordinances; just as we today look backward with faith to the Cross. Even in Old Testament times salvation was by grace through faith in CHRIST, even though as yet they did not know Him as Jesus of Nazareth.

This is not a "man made" teaching, it is the testimony of both Testaments. There is and always has been ONE plan of salvation: Repentance towards God by faith in the One God sent from before the foundation of the world to reconcile us to Himself.

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You have made a mistake. Where have I said that? Those are not my words.

Paul is saying that God chose him to be an Apostle from before he was born. Think about it, was Paul an Apostle before Jesus appeared to him? No. Neither are we saved before we are saved.

Again, Jesus shed his blood on the cross. We are not saved from his blood before it is shed. Otherwise, why did they use the blood of animals? Please think about it more carefully.

Being saved by the blood of Christ is a mystery that was kept hidden and revealed at the time of the New Testament.

People of the Old Testament times WAITED for the Messiah. What are they waiting for if he already saves them with his blood, when he did not yet die for our sins how are we saved by his blood?

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

They could look forward to something, but they saw dimly. They waited for the Messiah. They had to wait. The blood of Jesus did not save them until Jesus shed his blood on the cross.

In the Old Testament times, people had to believe and obey. In the New Testament times, people had to believe and obey. In our times and all times, people had to believe and obey.
    The gospel of Jesus Christ makes us perfect. Through Jesus’ blood, everything thing in heaven and on earth has been reconciled to God. Even the Old Testament faithful were not made perfect until Jesus died for us and they heard the gospel message, see Hebrews 11:40.
    Colossiand 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has ALWAYS saved sinful mena nd women thre SAME way! By faith being placed into the person/promises of God, and the Cross is THE only basis by which ANY have ever been saved by God!

OT believers trusted/place faith in promise of God for a coming messiah, NT saints do same in Yeshua!

NONE have even been saved on the basis of odendience/obeying the law of God!

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Why, why do you keep preaching falseness when you have been shown the truth?

You said, "NONE have even been saved on the basis of obedience/obeying of the law of God!"

Then tell me why was Moses going to be killed for not circumcising his son?

For you to teach that people only had to believe but not obey is ludicrous.

If Noah did not obey and build the ark, you think he would be saved anyway!

If Lot did not obey and leave Sodom, do you not think he would have been burned by fire and sulfur?

If Jesus did not obey and go to the cross what do you think that would be?

Jesus remains in his Father's love because he obeys! That is the Word of God.