1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A wake-up call for conservatives ??

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Sep 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Republicans need to offer an alternative. As Thiel says they're just running as Anti-Progressives.

Trump actually ran on imposing Tariffs and renegotiating NAFTA so I excitedly voted for him twice. He had a plan and he had positive actions to take and he helped my dirt poor Appalachian community come back to life. People actually had hope for once and it gave them motivation to quit destroying their lives with opioids.

In my local NC House district race we have a Republican who is running as merely an anti-woker and a Democrat running as a Pro-Small Farm candidate. He actually has a 5 part platform and he devotes 1 entire part of his platform to promoting local farms by regulating development, discouraging speculative land purchases that out-compete farmers, and focusing on setting aside fertile land for farmland instead of subdivisions of second homes for northerners and Floridians.

Why can't Republicans put something like that plan out there?

3. Piper

Piper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do need a cohesive platform.

4. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The insane far right is so anti-community and radically individualistic that it should be no surprise there is no consensus or coherent plan. You have many leaders living in their own bunkers, protecting their own compound from trespassers and you wonder why there's no clear plan???

As long as the "Trumpites" rule the party, the party will be in shambles with no consensus.

Keep watching the left grow in power as the radical right alienates themselves from the swing voters in the middle.

5. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have any example for the above?

The "trumpites" where I live, myself included, specialize in not being anti-community.

We share farm work, we help each other out with construction projects, share each other's outbuildings, etc and my county when 70% to 80% Trump. Arguable we're some of the most "Trumpite" areas.

The people that are anti-community are the liberal people who lived in cities and then choose to move out here to the boonies where they immediately post their land, put up metal gates, don't talk to their neighbors and put up spotlights and security cameras.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please provide examples of the “many leaders” that are “living in bunkers” and compounds?

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot speak for your "brigadoon" but I can speak for the anti-community far-right persons who are here at the BB. The nearly anarchical attitude here is a microcosm of the Trumpites in the Republican Party who literally ignore the godlessness of Trump and support a general concept with no substance.
    As to your neighbors, would you welcome a same sex couple into your community?

8. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly what would that prove either way?

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    A community that welcomes those who aren't like them. Does it ever occur that those who put up fences and security are being mistreated by the community around them purely because they are perceived as outsiders?

10. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does scripture, for instance 1 Corinthians 5:11, command to not associate with immoral people claiming to be brothers and sisters in Christ?

peace to you

11. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been awake Salty. You the one who takes mod action against me for calling out the Democrat sons of Hell for what they are. Hopefully you will wake up. You mandate that the devils be shown a level of respect that devil's don't deserve. Maybe the article will wake you up. Doubt it though.
    The article is stupid because the Republican leadership just released what he says they don't have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have fences because my cows don't stay where I tell them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why I want to welcome abomination into my community?

14. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have sinners all around you, in your community, that you welcome. The sin of homosexuality is no more an abomination than the sin of gossip. My point is that there are people in your community that you are not sharing the love of Christ with and you exclude them from the community. Don't go blaming newcomers for putting up fences if you wouldn't invite them over for a meal.

15. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does Scripture call gossip an "abomination"? It is nonsense to rationalize someone living in open rebellion against God and in open abomination by saying "everyone sins sometime."
    Everyone around here has fences. Pasture fences.

16. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, of course I wouldn't want them in my community. Nor would I want murderers, adulterers, thieves, liars, whoremongers, fornicators or effeminate men. The sin of homosexuality is an abomination before the Lord according to the Bible. It is not the same as the sin of gossip.

Now, whether I want them or not is a moot point because I have them in my community, and I have them as regular customers of my business. And they buy our products and we patronize their store and we treat each other with respect. They give my children free cookies from time to time and we give them some of our food, and we buy from their farm, but they're never referred to as a "Married" couple, nor do I refer to them as "husbands".

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you wouldn't love your neighbor as yourself?

Here are the things God abhors:

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
    ~ Proverbs 6:16-19

My point is that homosexuality is one sin of many that are in our community. When the sinner is not a Christian we are called to show them the love of Christ.

I would welcome them to my house to have a meal and show them Christian charity without ever affirming their sin. I would not call them hateful names since God made them to know Him as their creator and hopefully come to faith.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a friend who has been in jail twice for the same felony!
    Yet, we will have him over for supper.

19. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're welcome to quote my post where I mentioned that I wouldn't love my neighbor as myself. Let me know when you find it.

Why would I want more sin in my community? So the grace of God would abound in it? God forbid! Hmm, I think that's a Bible verse in Romans...

No, I don't want sin in my community and you should not want sin in your community if you're going to be Biblical. The Biblical position is to not want any sin in your community and then when sin pops up, as it always does to either convert the person so that they're given a heart that would also abhor sin or if they're already a Christian, to hold them accountable.

I would not invite gays into my house because my 2 year old daughter don't need to be asking daddy why two men/women are kissing, or holding hands. My job is to protect my daughter's innocence. My job is not to sacrifice her innocence and corrupt her by purposefully exposing her to sin. What kind of foolish father would do that?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) YES - so we could see a great miracle - seeing a man in sin - accepting the Lord, putting off IPPSY and putting on the New Man !!! OR do believe that miracles only happened in the OT?

2) Just curious - since you don't want to be around sin - so I suppose if someone told one lie, someone who cheated you out of a nickle, someone who took a second look at your wive, - it stands to reason that you would want nothing to do with them - right?
    Even one sin puts us short of God which = Romans 6:23 = death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.