1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Wasted Vote

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Reformer, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Reformer

Reformer New Member

This is email I got and I thought I would share it with some of the Baldwin / Castle folks on the Board

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

4. Reformer

Reformer New Member

5. Reformer

Reformer New Member

I have also seen this and thought it was interesting.

I might add, if voting for these principles is "supporting Obama" then I wish EVERYONE would support him!

Reformer

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

A vote speaks whenever it's cast, where ever it's cast. It speaks and says 'this is who I support. This person represents my values. He represents what I believe."

It is not the popular vote which speaks so loud.... but the third party vote which is different, the one which stands out and speaks with more courage, more independance, more character; the third party vote stands for more specific address of issues or principals; or a more solid foundation from which decisions are formed.

People will later forget the specifics of the popular vote, and wonder why they believed and voted the way they did when their candidate breaks his promise. If the third party candidate wins, those who voted for him will not forget why and wont let him forget it either.

Because people will blame those who voted for the third party for the lost of their candidate.... for 'splitting the vote." Well, I say "HELLO! It's not my problem that your party never presented nor followed a platform that got my attention, confidence......... and vote."

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I like Baldwin...but he is dead wrong. A vote for someone who has no chance of winning is a wasted vote. You may as well not vote at all. It's not about "me" and "my values". It's about what's best for life, the USA and my family. Obama is not good for any...and that is why my vote will go towards the other person with the chance to be POTUS...John McCain. He's too "left" for my liking, but is far more "right" of Obama. Since I dont' want to see Obama ruin this nation, my vote will not be wasted on a third party candidate.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this is what is wrong with America.

9. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Well, webdog, I personally feel that even if I vote for him, that McCain doesn't stand a snow ball's chance of winning. If he is likely to loose any way........ then, by your logic.... you'll throw away your vote. It wont make a difference worth of darn to Obama when he tallies the numbers of voters who voted the Republican candidate as people in both parties are too much alike on many issues and will compromise with the opposition once in office. But a substantial vote for Baldwin may influence Obama and those who follow him into office. A vote for Baldwin also encourages other candidates and the media to take notice that there is real opposition to the 2 party exclusive and people who will support candidates running with real values.

And if you vote for McCain and he loses, then you threw away your chance to let your vote count in the only Presidential election in over 20 years where a Christian's vote really had a voice.

Baldwin is no god. But between McCain, Obama, and Baldwin, we are just picking a man to run for President. God's word tells us we are not to put our trust in man. But, Only one stands out in the bunch as believing in both the law of the land and the laws of God, and that person is Chuck Baldwin. So take your pick. :praying:

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This is a terrible dilemma for conservatives. Maybe the election of Obama is the price we pay for nominating pseudo-conservatives to the Republican ticket for the last 20 years. This is all in God's hand.

Maybe four years of Obama will wake us up. It is our responsibility to do all we can to see than a man or woman that reflects at least a similance of conservative and Christian values is nominated. If the Republicans cannot manage this, then it is time for a party that can.

When Republicans learn to govern by their former core values, chances are they will regain power.

11. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

The dilemma is we've lost our moral compass which is based upon absolutes, and bought into the deception that to have even some of what we wish to keep, we must be willing to compromise and give up some of what we hold dear. Everytime we give a little ground in hopes it will be enough and hoping we can hold that which remains, we find a little more is required.

It is witch craft, spell binding, being double minded: We are raising a society in which it regards that there are no laws which are absolute..... though the Bible, itself is clear that there are absolute laws, and God never changes. We have values clarification being taught to our children: It is the basis behind many discussions we see in public media. They bring in opposites which can't both be right. Then they play a game of confusion, entertwining the sympathetic weaknesses of both sides to bring about a 'moderation'. And once the choices are made and the deed is done we wonder how things got to be the way they are..... not realizing we were part of the spell the day we left the position of God given absolutes and became sympathetic in our compromise with lawlessness, lest we be accused of being without love and compassion, and lest we be accused of being judgemental and legalist.

The progressives or liberals, steal our values regarding charity and compassion, and twist it into deception to cause some to think that a worldly governmental system is more capable than that which follows the rule of God: They use it to steal the gifts God has given us and our rights and promise us peace, security and prosperity (and who is it that doesn't want these things?). Then, instead of giving us bread they feed us a stone.

I'm drawing a line........which I pray, God helps me to stand firm. Lord knows I've compromised enough in my own life! I would hope others could learn without having to make the same mistakes!

12. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Received my absentee ballot yesterday, voted and took the ballot to the embassy here in Prague today. They will send it to the States where it will be mailed to my state.

13. Reformer

Reformer New Member

That is exactly the problem I saw when I read his post. McCain is going to lose, guess that means I should vote Obama, huh? NOT A CHANCE.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, what's wrong with America is what's been wrong with humanity from the beginning..."it's all about me". I see you have bought into that.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm sorry...I didn't know the election was over already. The liberal media has reported that Obama is a cinch to win...strange, because that is the exact same thing they said 4 years ago about Kerry. How did that one turn out?

McCain does have a chance to win if people do not waste their vote on someone with NO CHANCE of winning (not someone who "may" be behind in the polls currently. HUGE difference, windcatcher)

16. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Can you imagine if EVERYONE voted for whomever they actually liked the best of ALL of the candidates....that would take away a lot of votes from both parties, I would think.

It would also send quite a message.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

McCain is a humanist liberal, totally entrenched in the political status quo, interested in nothing but political power. He is part of the problem in Washington. This is the poster child of "me only."

I am tired of year after year voting for liberal Republicans 1988 Bush, 1992 Bush, 1996 Dole, 2000 and 2004 Bush again. The only Republicans that were worth their salt were Nixon, Ford, and Reagan. The others might as well be Democrats.

How could any conservative even consider McCain after the bailout bill? In alliance with Bush, Obama, the Democratic leadership, they crammed this bill down our throats. To make is worse, they added 150 billion in pork to buy votes. This is as liberal and crooked as it gets.

John McCain's classic speech: See my shiney new pen. It is a veto pen. I will veto any bill with pork and make them famous. This guy makes my blood boil.

No sir, my vote is worth more than throwing it away on garbage like this. My vote goes to Chuck Baldwin.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you may aid the election of Barak Obama.

I understand your frustration and anger. It is a real shame and pity that we have such poor coices to choose from. Maybe I'm wrong, but...

I believe we both agree that Obama is the worst thing that could possibly happen to America in this election. McCain is barely better, but he is better.

But we disagree on how to approach the problem and what to do about it.

19. Reformer

Reformer New Member

And all the saints said AMEN!!!

20. Reformer

Reformer New Member

So what if we all vote for McCain and then he wins, I fail to see any difference between Obama and McCain other than McCain lies about what he honestly believes, he is a great deceiver. The proof is in his ability to say " I would not support repeal of Roe vs. Wade" and then convince millions of people he is prolife, that is not the kind of "prolife" I will vote for. I cannot and WILLNOT support ANYONE who has changed his mind on almost every major/moral issue that he encounters. The fact is you have NO idea what McCain will do once he is in office.