1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aaron's Priesthood vs Melchizedek's

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Zuno Yazh, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuno Yazh

Zuno Yazh Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    -
    A footnote to post #16

Never wish Jewish people a happy Yom Kippur. It's okay to wish them a satisfactory Yom Kippur but never a pleasant one because it is not a day of pleasure like Christmas and birthdays; no, it is specifically a day of sadness and self-affliction as per Lev 16:29, Lev 16:31, Lev 23:27, and Lev 23:32, which is from a Hebrew word meaning to mistreat, humiliate, oppress, break the spirit, demean, abuse, weaken, injure, abase; i.e. run one's self into the ground, rake one's self over the coals, and beat one's self over the head. (In the entertainment world; that's called a roast.)

Jews that fail to be unhappy on that day accrue an instant curse upon themselves as per Deut 27:26.

/

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're not a Baptist.

Tell the truth.

God bless.

3. Zuno Yazh

Zuno Yazh Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    -
    Acts 13:38-39 speaks of sins for which there is no forgiveness available via Aaron's priesthood. The most obvious of those sins fall in the willful category.

Num 15:30-31 . . Anyone who sins defiantly, whether native-born or alien, blasphemes Yhvh, and that person must be cut off from his people. Because he has despised Yhvh's word and broken His commands, that person must surely be cut off; his guilt remains on him.

That law is reiterated in the epistle to Hebrews in the New Testament as an incentive to take advantage of Christ's priesthood.

Heb 10:26-27 . . If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

The code of law in which Aaron's priesthood operates is allegorized as a schoolmaster in the New Testament. (Gal 3:24)

The koiné Greek word for "schoolmaster" is paidagogos (pahee-dag-o-gos') which defines not a headmaster, nor a teacher, nor a tutor. It essentially defines a servant whose responsibility it was to get their master's children to school. In other words: a sort of chaperone who made sure the kids got there; even if the servant had to take them by the hand to do it.

A defiant sin (a.k.a. deliberate sin) is a sin committed while fully aware of both the ban and the consequence. For example dishonesty.

Lev 19:11 . . You shall not deal falsely, nor lie to one another.

Failure to comply with that law merits an instant curse upon the perpetrator.

Deut 27:26 . . Cursed is the man who does not uphold the words of this law by carrying them out.

According to Num 15:17-18, Aaron's priesthood can obtain forgiveness for unintentional dishonesty. But if the dishonest act is willful, i.e. deliberate; then it's out of his priesthood's hands and the scofflaw must needs find an alternate priesthood; one that makes no distinction between deliberate sins and inadvertent sins; i.e. a priesthood whose door is open to all comers: the good and the not so good, the bad and the not so bad; and the thoroughly incorrigible; i.e. the toxic, the ugly, and the mean spirited.

John 6:37-40 . . All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of Him who sent me.

. . . And this is the will of Him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that He has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 10:7-9 . . I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep; whoever enters through me will be protected.

/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.