1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ABC Debate Christians vs Atheist Evolutionists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, May 12, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did anyone see the ABC news debate? Nightline's summary?

What did you think of the Christian vs Evolutionist-Atheist debate?

What did you see as the best and worst argument of the Christian side?

The Best and worst of the Atheist arguments?

Did you notice that both sides used emotional faith-based logic?

In Christ,

Bob

2. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

As soon as I saw who accepted the challenge, I didn't even bother, not really much on watching slaughters.

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bill Oreilly interviewed Richard Dawkins on "The Factor" recently for about 6 minutes. They basically got to some of the same issues that came up in the ABC debate.

Just like a cult needs to find a way to abuse scripture to invent it's doctrines - atheists need to find a way to abuse the institutions of science in an effort to co-opt science in favor of atheism.

Emotional "arguments from devotion" as seen in the atheist evolutionist's position on that show could be seen in the form of "I would rather go to hell than believe in a god who....". - How transparent.

The faith-based atheist evolutionist argument "don't ask me where matter came from if you are not going to solve the problem of where God came from " was also "not lacking".

Think about it - wHEN did Newtonian Physics EVER respond to any challenge by saying "if you can not prove where Zeus came from then Newtonian Physics is true and survives the criticisms raised against it"?? Answer -- NEVER! Such emotional faith based "arguments from devotion" are not NEEDED by real scientists defending Newtonian physics but that is REAL science -actually OBSERVABLE in the LAB and repeatable etc.

In Christ,

Bob

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But this raises another questions - when Christians find themselves arguing the SAME points as the Atheists in order to avoid the Atheist argument surely they have to feel a little "sheepish" and embarrassed.

For the Christian to argue the SAME non-God Evolutionist arguments against the Bible as the Atheists were arguing - they would have to have "drunk a lot of koolaid"