1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abortion - Stand Your Ground!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rockytopva, Nov 17, 2019.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When doctors advised Jessica to medically terminate her pregnancy at 19 weeks, she and her husband, Joe, chose to trust God. With the support of their church family, little Caleb was born nine weeks later. All the negative prognoses by the doctors failed to materialize. Today, at age 10, Caleb is a healthy, active boy who loves downhill ski racing. When that boy matures he will have a story to tell! Good read on the link below....

https://www.kcm.org/download/file/fid/125692

• Like Like x 1
  2. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “Thirty percent of the placenta is already detached,” the doctor explained. “It’s sheering off, and there is a large blood clot behind it. Your son is receiving 30% less nutrients and oxygen than he needs. If he was born full term, which he won’t be, he would only have a 15% chance of survival. He would only have a 3% chance of being healthy and normal. He could have club feet, facial deformities, be born blind, deaf, and be confined to a wheelchair and dependent on a lifetime supply of oxygen. His lungs can’t grow, and he could suffocate without oxygen.”
    Then came the most heart-wrenching words:
    “We recommend a medical termination,” the doctor said. “Do you have family you could call?” Surprised, and in disbelief, Joe responded: “We don’t have any family in Canada, but we have a church family.”
    “We have a termination team on standby,” the doctor said. “Do you need 15 minutes alone?” “No,” Joe replied, “we need to go home and pray.”
    At home, Joe and Jessica prayed for direction. After speaking with both their families, they called and scheduled termination for the following week.

3. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Later, Jessica was called up front, where ministers anointed her with oil and prayed over her.
    “We knew we’d received our miracle,”Jessica says. “On Monday, we went to the hospital for an ultrasound. We expected the ultrasound to show amniotic fluid in my womb. It would document our miracle.”
    Instead, things were worse. The amount of amniotic fluid wasn’t even measurable.
    “We don’t recommend proceeding with the pregnancy,” the doctor explained once again.
    “We’ve decided to continue on with the pregnancy,” Joe responded.
    “I need to know why,” the doctor asked.
    “You’ve already told us there’s nothing you can do,” Joe answered. “There’s nothing we can do, so we’re going to put our faith in God.”
    “Regardless of your faith, you can’t change the fact that your wife’s water broke at week 19,” the doctor retorted. “We weren’t going to tell you this because you were going to terminate. But now, we must let you know that your son has the markers for Down syndrome.”
    In the car on the way home, Jessica collapsed into tears, sobbing uncontrollably. She wanted to speak to no one but their pastor.
    “Our pastor came to visit, and we told him everything,” Joe said.
    “He told us: ‘Make no mistake, you’re in a spiritual battle. We’ll be fighting with you. But I can tell you that when I’m with God, I really believe I’m in that 3%.’”
    Jessica remained on strict bedrest, with orders to call 911 at the first sign of bleeding.
    “I started reading and confessing Psalm 91 morning and night,” she recalled. “I also started listening to God Can Turn It Around. Through that, I learned the power of standing on God’s Word as final authority.”
    Viability for the baby occurred at Week 24. Jessica smothered a sigh when she woke up the morning of Week 23, Day 6, thanking the Lord for another day! That evening, however, she passed a large blood clot. Fear tried to grip Jessica as she dialed 911. As she was being loaded into the ambulance, Psalm 91 began to minister to her: “A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.” Supernatural peace and joy began to well up in her.
    The next morning, Jessica woke up knowing that the baby was now viable. Still, she prayed for more time. Every day, the doctors would come in, surprised she was still there, and remind her that she wouldn’t be taking a baby home. Prompted by a scripture given to her by her pastor, Jessica began to journal and write down a new verse to stand on each day. After 21⁄2 weeks, she went home—her pregnancy still intact.

4. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Two weeks later, Jessica was back in the hospital due to bleeding and was preparing to be released to go home. A friend had come to visit. Leaning over to give Jessica a hug, she gasped.
    “You’re bleeding!”
    Without thinking, Jessica jumped out of bed. When she stood, it felt like water balloons filled with blood were dropping from her body. She jumped back into bed as her friend called for help. Jessica was rushed into the operating room for an emergency C-section. Three separate teams were working on her and the baby when Joe arrived. Outside the operating room, realizing he could lose one or both of them, Joe dropped to his knees and prayed for God’s glory to fill the room. Then, dressed in hospital scrubs, he went inside the operating room.

Caleb Jeremiah Weiss was 30% larger than his gestational age when he was born. He weighed 2 pounds, 14 ounces. He was also born dead. No one except Joe and Jessica had expected him to be alive. Hospital staff moved Caleb’s lifeless body out of the way while they worked on Jessica. Then, something happened. God started Caleb’s heart and the baby showed signs of life! Despite the odds, Joe and Jessica’s son was alive!

5. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “When I was discharged, we knew we couldn’t always control what was said over him,” Jessica remembers. “So, we posted the Word of God over him on his whiteboard: ‘The child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him’ (Luke 2:40, New International Version).
    “Every day, I met with the doctor and asked, ‘What are your concerns today?’ One day, he said he was concerned about his heart, another day it was his brain, another day his kidneys. Everyone in our Life Group prayed for each concern as it arose and without fail, the following day that was resolved. On day six, the doctor reported, ‘I have no more concerns. Today we’re removing his breathing tube. Now, he just needs to grow, then he can go home.’”
    Ten days before his actual due date, Joe and Jessica brought little Caleb home—a healthy, normal 7-pound baby.

“Once we got him home, Caleb continued to grow strong,” said Jessica. “Not only was he physically strong, but testing showed that his cognitive ability was superior. Everything the doctors said would happen to him, never happened. They were all amazed. One of them even offered to be in a documentary our church made.”
    Since Caleb’s birth, Jessica and Joe have had two more children: Levi, now 7; and Zoe, age 4. Today, at age 10, Caleb is a downhill ski racer.
    “I taught him to ski the bunny slopes,” Joe explains. “When we signed him up for skiing lessons, the coach said, ‘I’ve been a coach for 10 years, and today has been my best day. What Caleb is doing, he shouldn’t be able to do at his age.’ We enrolled Caleb in a ski club when he was 6. Then Joslyn and Levi joined. At 10 and 7, Caleb and Levi are both ski racers. They love speed. Caleb won the Abby Award, which is given to one child out of 180

6. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would God have been mistaken to bring his child into the world with physical and mental deformities? Would that child be any less blessed if it needed 24 hour care? Would God have failed if the child died shortly after birth? Would God have failed...?

While this is a story of a perfectly healthy child being born, despite the opposite diagnosis by doctors, there are millions of children born and living with disabilities God ordained for a purpose we may never quite understand. Disabled persons are not lesser person's.

7. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This couple would have welcomed a disabled child.

• Like Like x 1
  8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I believe ABORTION is wrong, I don't believe BIRTH CONTROL is.(Best birth control device for women-one aspirin tablet, held tightly between the knees.)

9. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. This birth-control method doesn't work as women can still have sex and therefore get pregnant while holding an aspirin tightly between the knees.

2. This is not humorous.

10. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This story doesn't help.

1. because it is likely embellished to point of being an outright lie so that kcm can get the latest Cessna model.

2. Personal stories are best told by the people who experienced them and no-one else.

3. This story reeks of being fake.

11. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don’t argue with people

1. If you don’t believe in salvation stay lost
    2. If you don’t believe in sanctification stay carnal
    3. If you don’t believe in the Holy Ghost stay dead
    4. If you don’t believe in healing stay sick
    5. If you don’t believe in prosperity stay poor
    6. If you believe in cessationalism that’s your business
    7. If you don’t like any particular ministry avoid them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ephesians 5:5 NLT
    [5] You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.