1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ACB - "Countering the Majoritarian Difficulty"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What’s his position on abortion?

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are they vocal opponents?

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

Church Has Always Condemned Abortion
    By Fr. William Saunders

The Roman Catholic Church has consistently condemned abortion — the direct and purposeful taking of the life of the unborn child. In principle, Catholic Christians believe that all life is sacred from conception until natural death, and the taking of innocent human life, whether born or unborn, is morally wrong. The Church teaches, "Human life is sacred because from its beginning it involves the creative action of God and it remains for ever in a special relationship with the Creator, who is its sole end. God alone is the Lord of life from its beginning until its end: no one can under any circumstance claim for himself the right directly to destroy an innocent human being" ("Donum vitae," 5).

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    EWF, you've said ACB is a "radical Catholic." To me, radical Catholic means someone who holds only the Latin Mass is valid. ACB is a Charismatic Catholic. Plenty wrong with that theologically. But, she's not your grandmother's Sister Mary Augustina.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, she is my mothers, “the Roman Catholic Church is the one true church.” Unfortunately she isn’t my mothers later, “there are serious flaws here son, Gods people don’t abuse children and then cover up their acts of depravity... you have an obligation to Christ before the RCC.” And that’s not in ACB’s wheel house. Rather there is a resolute commitment to that RCC that could rear its ugly head one day

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That very well may be true. That simply makes her a loyal member fo the RCC, unlike some others I can think of. It was your use of the descriptive "radical" I was questioning.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t recall saying radical because a radical has a different meaning to me. A radical is one who goes to the root cause (radix). ACB is far from radical....more complacent, more traditional, more sluggardly.