1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ACC vs the NCC

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. ChrisTheSaved

ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, I'm a Baptist. The first link has a bunch of guys calling themselves Reverend ( This board has a few as well) Anyone who has the need to make another call him Reverend......

The second one is for church of Christ.

As a Baptist I don't understand why someone would need to join one of these.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    have started a new thread for that subject;

What makes you think the NCC is for COC?

You must be ultra IFB. I see some of these leaders come from very fundamental schools

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there an echo in here?

I've never heard of of some of the microdenominations that are the nine 'constituent members' the first outfit nowadays:

accc4truth.org/council-members/constituent-members

Appalachian Independent Minister’s Fellowship, Faith Presbytery Bible Presbyterian Church, Association of Ministers of the Reformed Faith, The Evangelical Methodist Church, Fellowship of Fundamental Bible Churches, Free Presbyterian Church of North America, Fundamental Methodist Church, Independent Baptist Fellowship of North America, Independent Churches Affiliated

6. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    National Council of Churches:

nationalcouncilofchurches.us/about/member-communions.php

"member communions...include more than 45 million people in over 100,000 congregations in the United States"

African Methodist Episcopal Church, The African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, Alliance of Baptists, American Baptist Churches in the USA, Armenian Church of America Eastern and Western Dioceses, Assyrian Church of the East, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States and Canada, Christian Methodist Episcopal Church, Church of the Brethren, Community of Christ, Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America, Ecumenical Catholic Communion, The Episcopal Church (USA), Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Hungarian Reformed Church in America, International Council of Community Churches, Korean Presbyterian Church Abroad, Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, American Diocese, Mar Thoma Church, Moravian Church in America, Northern and Southern Provinces, National Baptist Convention of America Inc., National Baptist Convention USA Inc., National Missionary Baptist Convention of America, Orthodox Church in America, Patriarchal Parishes of the Russian Orthodox Church in the USA, Polish National Catholic Church, Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Progressive National Baptist Convention, Inc., Reformed Church in America, Religious Society of Friends Friends United Meeting, Religious Society of Friends Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, Serbian Orthodox Church in North and South America, The Swedenborgian Church of North America, Syrian Orthodox Church of Antioch, Archdiocese of the Eastern United States, Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA, United Church of Christ, The United Methodist Church

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to Wiki - "Ralph Colas currently serves as Executive Secretary" of ACCC. [Salty, note it's three Cs]

He died in 2015!

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say - wiki needs to be updated
    The ACC* states the Executive Director : Pastor Dan Greenfield founded the Orwell Bible Church in Orwell, Ohio in 2005. A graduate of Pillsbury Baptist Bible College (1993) and Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary (2000), he and his wife Trisha are parents of six children, of which the oldest three are married. Dan is a member of the Ohio Bible Fellowship and a board member of the Ohio Bible Mission.

* since I know the ACCC - I use his nickname - of ACC:rolleyes: