1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Accreditation Of Trinity Baptist College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Paul1611, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Paul1611

Paul1611 New Member

I have another one of them there accreditation questions. I was having a discussion with a man not too long ago about where our Pastors graduated from. I informed him that my pastor graduated from Trinity Baptist College in Jacksonville Florida a few years ago. Anyway to make a long story short he said that Trinity Baptist College wasnt "truly " accredited because they were accredited through "TRACS" and not "SACS". Is there any truth to this? Would a man who graduated from a "TRACS" accredited school be looked at as not having graduated from a true accredited school? I have been seriously lookinbg into Luther Rice Seminary, but I noticed that they were accredited by TRACS, and I thought that Luther Rice was looked upon as an all around good Seminary. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Right or wrong, some look at regional accreditation as being higher than national accreditation. Ironically, ATS accreditation (National) used to carry as much if not more weight than SACS (regional) accreditation, although I don't know if that's the case now for a myriad of reasons. TRACS is a CHEA recognized and legit accrediting body. No one should be ashamed of a degree from a TRACS accredited school, assuming the school is legitimate and reputable. Not all accredited schools are, IMHO.

However, that's my opinion, and that's the common denominator to this conversation.

3. nkypastor

nkypastor New Member

I agree with Tom,

TRACS is a CHEA-recognized agency, so your degree should have practicality. My brother graduated in the early 1990's from Tennessee Temple University, also a TRACS school, and had no problem getting jobs in the business world.

:thumbsup: