1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Active youth!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by JesusInFirstPlace, Sep 3, 2004.

1. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

Well, I haven't hit anything yet with my car. I do, however, stink REALLY bad at driving (my car's a stick, and I have no clue!). I stall about 5 times every time I go out (55 times if I have to go in reverse at all while I'm driving). And I always stall in the worst possible places! Like the second I pulled out into traffic, I stalled, and I almost didn't get the car started again before I was surrounded by traffic!!! I was soooo scared!

Becca

2. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Wow, Becca that must have been terrifying!
    When I was backing up the truck, the boss and his wife were talking really close to where I was driving. Then kupow I nailed 'er! That was scary too! I thought I was dead meat. The word "redrum" kept going through my head as they glared viciously at me.

Matt

3. JesusInFirstPlace

It was terrifying! I was so scared that I almost didn't get the car started! (cuz when I get nervous my hands are shaking, so I go to the wrong gear and stuff!). But yours is definitely worse, because at least I didn't crash! And right in front of your boss! I mean, that's like on the top 10 things not to do list!

Becca

4. JesusInFirstPlace

Yeah, my driving skills have definitely become the family joke. Well, except for my crazy uncle who totalled 6 cars in 4 years. The worst wreck was when he smashed into a school bus going 90 through a red light. He knocked the bus over. In his tiny Honda Civic. Luckily no one had any major injuries (but I think my uncle lost like 6 teeth, cuz he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and he hit his head on the steering wheel).

Becca

5. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

oh, wow! please share more on your crazy uncle! I love crazy family member stories.
    Take for instance my uncle who has lived in the same spot in the same house for all his life in my grandparents house. He has had the same bed since he was 5 oh yeah he is almost 40 [​IMG]

Matt

6. JesusInFirstPlace

Well, my uncle is only 21. He has been liscenced since he was 17. And he really has wrecked that many cars! He goes crazy accelerating on his stick shift. And he is barely tall enough to reach the peddles! All in all, it's pretty strange. I have got my share of crazy family members, no joke!

Becca

7. JesusInFirstPlace

That would be so weird to be in the same place for so long! I've lived all over the place! I was born in Washington state, moved to California, then Arizona. Lived in Georgia for a year. Lived in NC for a year. Even in AZ, I've lived all over the place!!

Becca

P.S. Sorry for the double post!

8. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Man, you have moved everywhere is your dad a preacher or something like that?

Matt

9. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Don't feel bad about the double post. I do that all the time too sometimes I start typing and oops!
    There I go again with another double post.

Matt

10. JesusInFirstPlace

No, my dad isn't even saved. He was in the navy for a long time though.

Becca

11. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

ohh okay that explains it. Can I pray for your father so that he might get saved? It never hurts to use the power of prayer.

Matt

12. JesusInFirstPlace

Matt~

I would really appreciate it if you would pray for him. I mean, that is like the nicest thing you could do for me! Seriously, I have been praying for him for years!

Becca

13. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Alright I will do that. God can do great things. Matt 18:19.

Matt

14. JesusInFirstPlace

Thanks again!!

Becca

15. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

No problem. By the way how is your brother doing?

Matt

16. JesusInFirstPlace

I don't know how much I've posted about my brother, but I am worried about him (and praying for him) too. He has virtually stopped going to church, and he just eased his way right back into the world.... :( . I love him so much, and I wish that I could just KNOCK some sense into him!! Doesn't he realize that he is messing up his life trying to live without Jesus?

Becca

17. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

I remember you talking about him in some of the earlier posts that is why I asked.
    Some people just don't get it until later in life it's sad to say. Keep praying for him and show him love is about all that we can do, in these kind of instances.
    I have a brother like that, he is now 24 and living back at home and he is doing better. He isn't commited to Christ but he is doing better.

Matt

18. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Time can only tell. Matt said it right. "some people just don't get it till later in life" (semi quote)

19. JesusInFirstPlace

Well, my brother is 15, which is old enough to get really bad when he's older, or really good when he's older. You guys are right in that time will tell!

Becca

20. paulsfocus

paulsfocus New Member

Pray for him.
    Ain't nothin' like sickn'(?) God on him. [​IMG]