1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Adam and Eve

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Jan 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMHO before the foundation of the world Adam was going to sin.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    YES, Redemption was needed as Eve had sin (In my OP)
    So part II is: What was next?
    (from my OP)
    1. What would have happened?
    2. Would Eve have been kicked out the Garden?
    3. Would Adam have been allowed to stay?

3. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1] Nothing would have been changed from what we have now.

2] As God said to Eve "What is this you have done?" She sinned so she could not remain in the garden with God.

3] Since in this scenario Adam did not eat of the fruit we can not hold him guilty of that, but we can hold him responsible and thus guilty by association. He was standing there and as the head he should have and was responsible to intervene to stop Eve. If he had not been present then we would have a different question to answer, but as it stands both Adam and Eve sinned. So Adam would not have been allowed to stay.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No indication Adam was present when Sneaky Snake deceived Eve. And Eve actually sinned TWICE. After eating, she knew good from evil, & thus knew it was evil to cause Adam to sin by eating the fruit also. But most likely, God woulda created another woman & either booted Eve from the garden or ended her life. (Remember, He said if you eat it, you'll die.)

This is a "what if" on the order of "what if Satan, who certainly believes Jesus' existence & power, comes to Him in submission and repentance?" He knows he can't overcome Jesus, and he IS intelligent, so who can say it can't happen ?

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, Eve was deceived, but Adam sinned volitionally. The fall occurred because of ONE, repeat ONE man's , repeat man's, sin.

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eve sinned first by believing Sneaky Snake over God.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What verse says Eve sinned first?

She certainly did something God had said not to do, eat of that tree, and she was told of the harsh consequences of her action, Genesis 3:16. But if sin entered the world (humanity) by one "man's sin, Romans 5:12, on what basis do you claim she sinned? Would not such a claim say sin entered humanity (her part at least) by her action?

#27 Van, Jan 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    After Eve ate of the fruit - she then gave it to Adam Gen 3:6

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See post 27.

10. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Ro 5:12

If I did not have anything else to believe, I would believe that verse.

The innocent Eve was not under a test, Adam was. Typology is very important here. If Adam would have refused to sin, then his righteousness would have been imputed to Eve. This is a physical example of a spiritual truth. It is what has happened between the days of Adam, the head of the physical race, and Jesus Christ, the last Adam, and the head of the spiritual race. Sonship is restored by a new birth when those who believe becomes the sons of God, and at the glorification of the body, the image of Adam is completely erased.

The wife of Adam had sin before she had power over it and Adam had power over sin. He had the Spirit of God indwelling his physical body. He yielded to the flesh and sin was introduced to all his offspring and the image of God was thus marred. Jesus Christ was tempted by the devil and did not sin. His righteousness is imputed to his bride, the church, and she is guiltless.

The sonship of man is restored in the image of Jesus Christ, who is the express image of God. This means that a born again man is renewed to the trinitarian model by receiving in his body the Spirit of God, who washes away the sin with the blood of Christ. Take a look at a foundational statement concerning these two truths.

Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
    4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
    5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
    6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
    7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
    8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Re 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
    5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
    6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

<Warning Note: Some bad translations do not have Jesus washing us from our sins in his own blood.>

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    JD - interesting post - BUT YOU did not answer the question!
    But your post would be great as a new thread.....

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, if sin entered the world through one man's sin, Eve's prior action was not said to be sin.

13. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

I wonder why my response was not an answer.

If Adam had not yielded to the flesh he would not have died spiritually and all his offspring would have been born in his image, which was the image of God, a trinity, soul, body, and Spirit. In this image they would have been sealed in the righteousness of God and would have been led in all things by his Spirit. Since Adam was deciding for his race that would come through the woman, all his offspring was born in his fallen image (Gen 5) and had no power over the flesh. That image is soul and body. The presence of God is absent in Adam's race. The renewal to the image of God is through the second man, the last Adam, Jesus Christ, the Son of God through the woman.

Death is a departure, a separation. That is all it is. It is explained in the KJV.

Ge 35:18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.

Adam died spiritually the same day he sinned when the Spirit departed his body. He died physically 930 years later when his soul departed his body.

Ro 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Adam and Jesus Christ are the only two men who have ever died spiritually. All other men are dead spiritually until they receive the second birth through faith in God.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    (Bold) my emphasis
    Romans 5:12 - according to Blue Bible - the word "man" is not limited to "Male" rather - mankind - ie male or female

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Partly - you went in too much detail - ect.....[/QUOTE]

So when I was at Ft Hood, and departed for Germany,
    and had been there over a year, I was separated from
    from my family (and the Army paid me Family Separation Pay)
    - does that mean I had experienced death?

And it is explained properly in many other versions as well!

16. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If my responses are correct, and they are, then it is proven that God from the beginning has managed the affairs of creation by means of his providence and not by means of his sovereignty. It might be correct to say that God sovereignly manages his creation providentially.

Ps 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can read it that way, but I think the one man is Adam. Most people do as Adam is mentioned in Romans 5:14

18. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

So when I was at Ft Hood, and departed for Germany,
    and had been there over a year, I was separated from
    from my family (and the Army paid me Family Separation Pay)
    - does that mean I had experienced death?

And it is explained properly in many other versions as well![/QUOTE]

You should understand typology. If you do not then you have zero chance of understanding God. Your experience of being separated from your family would serve as an excellent example of death, i e separation, in the physical, but death has a spiritual aspect. The soul is the "spirit" of man and unless there is a resurrection it is forever. The Spirit of God is the life of God and is eternal. He is the seal for a saved man even when he sins or when he is physically dead. Eve came out of the body of Adam and we who are in the church through the new birth are preserved in the body of Christ.

All of God's spiritual truths are typified in the physical, and when the Spirit reveals it to us, is the affirmation of his presence.

False religion systems are the best men can do without the Spirit to reveal these spiritual connections and truths. I refer you to 1 Cor 2 for proof of this. Spiritual truths requires Spiritual revelation. They cannot be taught by man. The visible church has two divisions, the spiritual and the natural, the true and the false. They are in disagreement on almost all doctrines.

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gen.3:1-6.

20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, if sin entered the world through one man's sin, Eve's prior action was not said to be sin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.