1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Adam's Death and Person

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonShaff, Jan 26, 2019.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Jesus is not mere man and so can't be compared to son's of Adam. He was not born of the seed of man, but the seed of the woman so "death" did not "pass" down to him. No man could take his life, he gave it. When considering Jesus we recognizde he is ONE person but with TWO natures that cannot be mixed together as one nature but cannot be separated from one person. No sin could be found in him, and he did no sin but he did BECOME SIN on the cross when our sins were legally imputed to him and the Father separated his fellowship from the HUMAN Jesus because he became LEGALLY SIN by imputation. At no time did he possess a SIN NATURE thus at no time was he ever in a SPIRITUAL CONDITION OF DEATH. He LEGALLY, POSITIONALLY became sin.

But the unique one of kind Son of God cannot free your from your problems with COMMON man and death.

#21 The Biblicist, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam and Eve had no need of the Mediator/Messiah until the fall, so before their sinning, had to have spiritual life, as were in relationship with holy God!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a great Mystery to me of how the sinless Son of God could also at same time be made sin for us, and you explained it well here!

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

They don't understand the scope of meaning for either "death" or "life." He had the life of God directly infused into his being from God's being and it was manifest in his "upright" moral condition although it was a mutable condition.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you miss the mark on this issue, basically denying the Pauline Justification laid out concerning the first and the second Adam, pretty much mess up your theology big time!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spiritual death is separation from God and He did suffer this as God, He suffered physical death as man,

We do too, spiritual death as a sinful condemned being and physical death as a man.

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No, he did not suffer this "as God" because God is immutable and the triune Godhead exists in an immutable union as one God. Furthermore, God never sinned, and sin cannot be imputed to God.

His human nature is makes it possible for him to be a representative for man. He was made sin in his capacity as a HUMAN REPRESENTATIVE.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was God who took the penalty or you are not saved.

Here shows the separation that one who is eternal can be separated from the Holy Father.
    Mat 27:46
    And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

He became Sin
    2Co 5:21
    For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Bodies do not sin only , sin is of the spirit or soul.

Eze 18:20
    The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Jesus said We can sin in our heart without our bodies

Mat 5:28
    But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

As a human we can share in His death as was the plan

Heb 2:14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You can't deify his humanity nor can you humanize his deity.

10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Divinity is omnipresent. When Jesus was speaking to Niocodemus he told him that he was present in heaven when speaking to him (Jn. 3:9-11). Your view requires the Divinity of Christ merely to separate his fellowship with his humanity as that is the only possible way Jesus could be separated from God, since being God himself.

11. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. James 1:13-15

Did that apply to Adam?
    Was Adam drawn away of his own lust and enticed, for the fruit of the tree?

Consider: And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. Gen 3:6

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am doing neither, He was 100% God to pay for sin, He was 100% man so we can share in His death.

He took sin upon Himself and Did take that penalty and was separated from the God head because of Sin.
    God is unity yet separable as shown as different persons.
    The Godhead was not on the cross, as you suggest but Jesus alone

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Go back and study the doctrine of the Trinity because you obviously don't have any true depth in your understanding of it. Look at the orthodox summary of it and you will see the historic belief is that there is one indivisible divine substance manifested in three distinct Persons. The Persons can be distinguished from each other but the substance is indivisible. Your theory repudiates the historic Christian understanding of the Trinity as you are not only demanding the divine substance is divided at the cross, but your theory demands that the deity of Christ was separated from his humanity.

The true doctrine is that his deity enabled his suffering as a man to satisfy an eternal penalty while his humanity provided both the righteousness and penalty to be satisfied. He became sin in no other sense but LEGALLY and by IMPUTATION never literally or by nature.

#33 The Biblicist, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus was still GOD on the Cross, He had to be to take the penalty for His creation of sin, He was separated from A Holy Godhead because He became sin. One human death could not satisfy the debt of sin, but God could. A creator suffered the penalty for the creation.

You doctrine was prevalent in earlier times similar to Modalistic Monarchianism except you add the a human death is sufficient ( the I John 5:7 controversy was added or explained for this reason) The Godhead was not on the Cross, Jesus was alone . The separability of the God Head is crucial when one considers the Holiness of God and rejection of sin. The entire problem we are in.

#34 loDebar, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

It seems to me you are separating Christ from the crucifixion. By separating His Spirit from His body. If Christ Spirit wasn't entirely there on that Cross during the crucifixion we are all doomed to hell In fact He gave up His spirit and died on that Cross. No one killed Christ He gave up His Spirit to God the Father
    MB

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No, I am arguing for the very opposite. The Person of Christ was on the cross. I am just saying you cannot separate the Deity of Christ from the Godhead as they share one inseparable substance even though distinguishable by three Persons.

17. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist

The Trinity was on the Cross?

Jesus removed His glory,

Phl 2:6
    Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    Phl 2:7
    But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    Phl 2:8
    And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

18. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not disagree with this and this is exactly why Christ was on the cross being fully God and man

19. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my humble opinion I can think of nothing more glorifying than sacrificing His Life for me. It is the greatest act of love there could ever be. Him dying for the likes of me. I've never felt worthy of His Love.
    MB

20. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    He adds though, the humanity of Jesus death was sufficient to pay for sins,