1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adapt to our values, ye muslims....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pinoybaptist, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then how do you needfully offend them? People of other religions are going to be offended by the gospel. No one likes being told they are dead wrong, but that is a huge part of The Way (biblically used; not Weirwille's cult). And in particular, when it comes down to the 'binary deistic system' (my own term)-- where the number of gods believed in is either 1 or 0-- we are dealing with greater certainty of what is already believed (or staunchly disbelieved), and it is harder to persuade an atheist or a muslim that they are wrong than, say, those of Paul's world who believed in, but did not fear, the Olympic gods.

2. RAdam

RAdam New Member

If one is offended by the truth, that is one thing. If I offend someone, not by preaching the truth, but by buying a bunch of their false religious writings and burning them (really just drawing attention to myself), then that is another story. One is constructive, as preaching the truth is God's method of instructing, correcting, exhorting, and reproving His children. Burning books is not constructive, but rather destructive. All the latter does is offend people before you ever get the chance to try to share the truth with them. I still contend that this was a publicity stunt.

3. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

No joke. You'd think he's realize he's not helping anything, nor is he drawing anyone toward Jesus.