1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Administration of the Church Service

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Don, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You forgot an apostrophe in your sentence. Typically contractions are not used in good writing. Did you forget your correction of another person who posted?

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You know, you are correct. My parents did cartwheels when I brought home a C+ in English. I certainly never did get that higher level education where I too could spend every waking moment bashing the SBC. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands. Maybe you could get a job as a professor at the seminary in Louisville and teach "Church Administration My Way 101."

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Isn't it amazing how you play God and are able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart? The SBC needs more Junior Holy Spirits just like you so they can promote a better image just like the one you promote.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

And you point out the grammatical errors in other's sentences? D.L. Moody needed men like you so God could be more effective.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Maybe, maybe not. What the SBC does not need are more agents of disunity. They need those who will change things in the right direction, if needed.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Reread post 41 in your own hand writing.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

So how is the prayer worded you use before posting another negative thought about the SBC?

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You are right but who steps in to hold the leadership accountable and provide transparency for every member? When transparency occurs then you will have greater unity and trust. It is very easy to build trust and transparency by just consistently being open and giving every reason for people to trust. Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

How is your effort to build unity and trust working for you? You remind me more in one day about the SBC then I ever think in six months. The last time I talked with anyone about the SBC was about 6 months ago and he brought it up to me.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is like this. First of all, make sure your local church is transparant. Next, you after time and effort you cannot effect the change you want, take one simple vote of your congregation, and your problems with the SBC are ended. It makes much more sense and is much more effective than writing a novel about what it wrong with them, then doing nothing about it.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is all you talk about. My effort to build unity and trust in our local church is working well, thanks. My time is much better spent in a local church ministry that worrying about D.L. Moody, or analyzing things at a meeting someone has once a year.

#51 saturneptune, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
  12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would y'all mind taking your little spat to a different thread, or message board?

Let's keep this thread talking about church administration.

Thanks.

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Don, I think we just saw the justification for Children's church. Some places just aren't for kids. Like this thread, for instance.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My apologies, no excuses.

15. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Wow,

(1Jn 3:16) Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

16. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread Closed

As this has degenerated into a name calling thread. I'm (please notice the contraction. It is used in good but informal, conversational writing) closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.