1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adultery

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by charles_creech78, Aug 4, 2007.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

So what do you suggest one do if they are married to a second or third person, and the original spouse is still alive, especially if the marriage is working? Do you suggest they shoot their present spouse and force the original back with them? Do you suggest they join the Mormon then it wouldnt matter? Or do you think maybe they can ask for forgiveness and go on? Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And no I am not remarried, just past 30 years. I will await your answer to the above question.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Uh, it's already been pointed out to you where you have misused scripture, if you go back and read your thread you'll see it. I never said anything about remarriage. And no I don't need to be remarried, I'm still married, for nearly 27 years.
    The word adultress is not even used or hinted at in your verse about the woman. Theres way too much scripture to support no divorce without you ahveing to misuse other verses.

3. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

1 Co 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the LORD, let not the wife depart from her husband: 1 Co 7:11 But and if she depart, let HER REMAIN UNMARRIED, OR BE RECONCILED TO HER HUSBAND: and let not the husband put away his wife. 1 Co 7: 39 The wife is bound by the LAW as long as her husband liveth, but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be MARRIED to whom she will; only IN THE LORD. Ro 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be MARRIED TO ANOTHER MAN, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is FREE FROM THE LAW; so that she is not adulteress, though she be married to a another man.

#23 charles_creech78, Aug 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2007
  4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Would you please answer the question? I read the verse over 50 years ago.

Once again, if a person is already married a second or third time, especially if the marriage is working, what do you suggest they do?

5. charles_creech78

I gave you what God said to do.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Never mind, you totally miss the point. What God told them to do they didn't. Common sense goes far.

7. charles_creech78

What do you mean after they married another person? Go back to the first husband or stay unmarried. And then they need to repent and believe and be baptised in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Ghost. What did Jesus say Go get they husband.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

:BangHead:

9. charles_creech78

He said nothing about a nonhusband. He said the man that thou has know is not they husband. He knew she had five husbands. At the begainning he said go get they husband and he knew she had five. So why did he not say go get they five husbands. If her first husband lives she is bound by the law. Ro 7:2 For the women which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he LIVETH; but if the husband be DEAD, she is loosed from the law of her husband. Ro 7:3 So then if, while her HUSBAND LIVETH, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adultress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from the law; so that she is not adulteress, though she be married to another man. As long as her husband liveth she shall be called a adulteress. So if that women that was at the well had five husband and they are all still alive which one of them is her husband? Jesus said go get they husband. I agree with you on when you said that six man was not her husband just like the other four before him was not her husband. That is what Jesus was pointing out to her. That is the reason he said the one that thou has know is not they husband. For better or worse till death do us part. They are bound by the law tell DEATH. If her first husband is still alive that is her husband. Mt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore GOD HATH JOINED TOGETHER, let not MAN put asunder.

10. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    nonhusband=not a husband

That is not what Jesus says. He says that she has had five husbands.
    He also tells her it was right to say she has no husband!

John 4:17-18
    The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

11. charles_creech78

Yes she WELL said it.