1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Advice??

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by eagleswings0408, Sep 10, 2003.

1. eagleswings0408

eagleswings0408 New Member

Hey! I was just thinking. Lets make an advice topic where people can ask anything and as Christians, we could try and help eachother by giving a little bit of advice! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Here, I'll start...
    My class is being really hypocritical and I go to a christian school. It's starting to get really depressing. I try to stand up for whats right, but it just doesn't seem to be working... Any advice???

2. Michael

Michael New Member

Just keep on doing what's right [​IMG] I'm sure that they are already convicted by the stand that you're taking. Take up your cross and follow Him... and it's a daily thing. It's not so easy, but God will bless ya in the end! [​IMG]

Here's a question for you...

Tommorow I'm meeting my Father for lunch... As you already know, we are not really on good terms..why? Because of the stands I've had to take against him... He doesn't realize that there are people with convictions that know how to have fun too.
    The arguement is this: He is angry with me for not going into his music store when I clearly know that he sells bad stuff in there... (without going into detail)... [​IMG] He thinks that because I'm 19 I should " get over it "...and "be like every other teenage guy out there"...pray for me as I talk to Him tommorow...
    I'll be praying for you also as you face those immature kids in school... I'll really be praying for you...you're with them all day, (I'll only see my father for lunch.)
    Keep it up!! [​IMG]
    Michael

3. eagleswings0408

[​IMG] I'll be praying for ya!

4. Michael

Michael New Member

Thank you so much... :D

5. eagleswings0408

Alrighty then... school was a little better today, so I think that God is starting to answer my prayers! :D [​IMG]

I have another request. There is some contraversy going around between our family and a few other families. Please pray that we will be able to settle this dispute in a Godly way. [​IMG]

6. Michael

Michael New Member

yeah..I heard... I have been praying :(
    and I will pray that it is worked out. God will be glorified through this... In that I have confidence.
    Michael

7. eagleswings0408

Alright, but keep praying becuase it doesn't seem to be going very well! :( [​IMG]

8. Michael

Michael New Member

9. eagleswings0408

Why isn't anyone posting anything but me and michael?? well, anyways... I need a little bit of advise. I am running for class president and I am running against this total bozzo! So many people I have talked to don't really take this thing seriously and just plan on voting because this guy is funnier or cooler than me. It's pretty pathetic. It's starting to make me a little upset. Someone did say to me though, that if it was God's will for me to have that position, He would make it happen some way or another. I hope they're right! Well, that's all for now. [​IMG]

10. krmom

krmom New Member

I will respond to you. Please log off so I may call you!!!
    Your mother

11. krmom

krmom New Member

To Eagles Wings,

Okay lets first address the bozzo thing. We should never call people names. If a person is sinning you bring that sin to them but you never call them names to their face or behind their back. Not even names that are popular within the Christian settings and they try to squeak them through as being constructive. (ex. bitter, evil, critical, unteachable etc. This is name calling and don't ever get caught up in sugar coating name calling. Colossians 4 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Also, we can only judge his sin, so be careful not to get caught up in that mind set. Next, always us your bible when dealing with these issues. What does God say about people who don't walk the walk? If you personally have been offended by this person bring it to him. Matt. 18: 15-17 If you have not been personally offended by this person, then let God handle him. He knows our hearts. I believe the teens in your class know what is going on, as well. If the students choose to compromise because it makes life easier for them, well the Lord knows their heart as well. You need to be strong. This life is only but a moment in time. Eternity is our true home. We are here to obey and spread the Word. Just be careful not to let other peoples walk discourage you, as I have recently learned. We are always to Stand Strong, Obey God's Word, Love God's Word, Study God's Word, and Share God's Word and never compromise his Word. This is where peace comes from. Always be prepared and ready for Satan to discourage and attack you. Always be ready to give an answer from God's Word. 1 Peter 3 15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. Also be honest to others and yourself. Maybe this is bothering you because lately you haven't been focusing on witnessing. This always gets me back on track and gets my mind off people that upset me. Also just don't say, "Well I need to get back to spreading the Word and all will be well" and then don't do it. Just do it, as well as everything else God wants you to do. He gives us the strength to obey all of his Word. I know you will be fine because you trust God's Word is true. Have a nice Day.

12. eagleswings0408

13. Candi016

Candi016 New Member

14. UnashamedYouth

UnashamedYouth New Member

because most of us aren't on here every day... at least that's my reason [​IMG]

15. Kayla

Kayla New Member

I would have posted but, me, myself, I have been sick all weekend long. I had this terrible cold thing. and could hardly make it out of the bed. But i am much better now. anyways, I know what you mean people voting people into offices at school who are only voted in because they are "popular." I am one of those people that don't really fit in a "clic" or "catergory" at school because i am friends with almost everybody. My pastor says i try harder to make friends then most, he says because i think i should make up for others who absoulely will not make friends at all they just got there certain friends and nobody else will enter in, but i guess that it is just a God given talent.

Well, here is my ques. anyways, I have a problem I have a bunch of guys in my hometown that pay my attention. My friends say it's because i have such a winning personality. But, how do i make it stop?

16. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

To you Eagleswings and all others man it is tough taking a stand for God. I went to a private school couple years ago and I went in with the attention of being different and not being like a lot of the teens who did not care one thing about serving God. Well, i tried then people started calling me hypocrit and i saw that the kids who did wrong were liked so being the conformist i did exactly that. And basically messed up the whole year. God showed me I need to trust Him and allow Him to use me to make the difference because if God is not the one behind you being different it wont last. But praise God He is the God of second chances. I am in a ministry at this public school I go to. And God has done so much it is so awesome. And there are hundreds I kid you not of teens who are Christians (it is the Bible belt) but they conform instead of taking a stand for Christ. I applaud you eagles wings its tough and i thank God He is using me to make a difference in the school. But if I dont stay grounded in the Word and follow God like i should i will fall. So stay strong in the Word and it does get you down these last 3 years it has got me down seeing people not having a passion for God and comforming when God has so much to offer. That is another thing i thought i would get all the joy by serving the world and comforming but God proved me wrong big time these last 3 years i can say with all honest have been the best of my life. So keep serving God stay strong and dont let the world comform you let Christ through you comform the world. God bless