1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Al Franken: Another Accuser; Also--He Never Apologized for Forced Kiss

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Nov 20, 2017.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (CNN)A woman says Sen. Al Franken inappropriately touched her in 2010, telling CNN that he grabbed her buttocks while taking a photo at the Minnesota State Fair.

It is the first allegation of improper touching by Franken, who is a Democrat, while he was in office. It comes just days after Leeann Tweeden, a local radio news anchor in California, said that Franken forcibly kissed and groped her in 2006, when Franken was a comedian.
    Franken has since issued an apology to Tweeden and faces a potential investigation by the Senate Ethics Committee.
    Woman says Al Franken inappropriately touched her in 2010 - CNNPolitics
    ----

Also, if you actually read Franken's apology to Leann Tweeden he never apologized for the french kiss he forced on her backstage at an overseas USO show. Instead he apologized for the photo showing him about to grope Ms. Tweeden's breasts while she slept.

Here's what she said about the kiss:

Franken, she said, “had written a moment when his character comes at me for a ‘kiss’. I suspected what he was after, but I figured I could turn my head at the last minute or put my hand over his mouth, to get more laughs from the crowd.”

But on the day of the show, she wrote, “Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, ‘We need to rehearse the kiss.’ I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL … we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.’

He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘okay’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.

I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.

I felt disgusted and violated.

But he never apologized for the kiss. Here's the only thing he said about the kiss:

"While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women's experiences.

You can read his full statement here:
    Al Franken's apology to Leeann Tweeden (full statement) - CNNPolitics

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does Franken say about this second woman? Basically that he's sorry she felt bad.

“I feel badly that Ms. Menz came away from our interaction feeling disrespected.”

----
    What about a Republican that had her picture taken with the woman immediately after Franken? What did he do?

Immediately after she took the photo with Franken that summer day in 2010 has also stayed with her. Standing nearby was another politician -- then-Minnesota Rep. John Kline (Republican).
    As she was getting ready to take a picture with Kline, Menz said Kline asked her whether they should "mutually put our arms around each other" -- an interaction that struck her as being in stark contrast with what she had experienced moments ago with Franken.

Woman says Al Franken inappropriately touched her in 2010 - CNNPolitics

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really....who cares. Vote the guy out the next election.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can I use that response to you when you post something? It's quite laconic. I mean, you don't have a copyright on it, do you?

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By all means, feel free;)

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But let’s get back to reality shall we.... if somebody inappropriately touched somebody in 2010, why was it not dealt with in 2010? For all intents and purposes, it appears that they could be evaluated as character assignations.