1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Al Franken has challenged this vote:

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by rbell, Nov 20, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

So...if there is a ballot that has a vote for Franken, and a third party candidate...and Coleman challenges that...then that is "disenfranchising?"

What a load.

You have no data on these ballots, and yet you cast judgement.

I show a ballot (that's called evidence, BTW), you throw stones.

Of course, you saw no problem with a guy being registered 70+ times, so what are a few ballots of questionable origin?

You know, back in the day, "let every vote count" was used to elect Democrats in Alabama time and time again...as votes would be "found" to defeat an upstart opponent. But by your logic, no ballot can be challenged.

Amazing.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

The saga continues:

HERE is a story about Franken's efforts. His "vote finding" has slowed down since the spotlight of the media makes it more difficult to "find" votes. However...

Just this week, liberal Ramsey County "discovered" 171 new votes from a single voting machine in a single precinct. An analysis by John Lott shows that these newly "discovered" votes represent yet another statistical improbability that favors Franken: Despite the fact that Maplewood precinct No. 6 gave Franken only 45.4 percent of the original, untampered-with vote, the newly "discovered" votes gave Franken 53.2 percent of the vote.

Also, the most disturbing item: Al Franken wants the names of absentee voters whose ballots were rejected! This goes against the whole concept of the anonymous vote. Can you imagine what kind of tactics could be used? I hope the elections officials don't give in to this.

As the article states:

3. North Carolina Tentmaker

Now that Saxby has won in Ga I guess this recount is not near as important.

I hope every valid vote is counted and every fraudulent vote uncovered.

We really need to enforce stricter laws on voter fraud, this is the very core of our nation these people are messing with.

Voting more than once, voting when you knew you were not eligible, or taking money for your vote, these need to be major felonies with serious jail time.

May the will of the people prevail.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The foul mouthed Franken wants to steal an election and wants democrats in the Senate to help him do it.

Will they?

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Amen (+6characters to make enough). :thumbs:

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Then there is this story about 133 ballots that walked out a precinct. Some guy said since Chambliss won the super majority won't happen so these two should just flip a coin. I'm with him, end it already...

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfo...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

LeBuick, as usual you blame the GOP. But didn't Coleman win and isn't this recount/contest a Franken/Dem thing (Aside from the mandatory part)?

Partisan blinders should be cast aside. Democracy is at stake, LeBuick

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Now that's funny. Folks will whine, without cause, about Bush "stealing" an election. But now, when Franken is behind, and questions abound about ballots...we're supposed to "flip a coin?"

I guess the rule of law isn't that big a deal, huh?

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

No, Franken didn't request the recount. It was automatic by law.

I didn't point blame, I just added that 133 ballots walked out of a precinct in the heart of democratic territory. I can also add Franken is te one leading the cause to find those ballots so I doubt if their in his back pocket.

This is something you should be equally in favor of since as you say, "democracy is at stake". Democracy begins with the vote so we must first safeguard the ballots and make sure everyone with clear intent is counted.

I thought that was the point of this thread...

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You sure took the joke seriously, you and I both know a coin won't be flipped and the peoples voice will be heard.

If you recall, Bush was accused of stealing the election because they blocked the recount. Gore wanted the hanging chads hand counted which ever you can't deny was clear intent of the voter no different that te ballot in your OP. When there is a question with the initial count or the initial count is very close, the recount should be the fair way of deciding the intent of the people.

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

Of course I took "your joke" seriously. If people didn't, we'd have Hugo Chavez or Kim-Jong Il in the US.

Funny how I could mark a ballot for one person, but all of the sudden, there's this "clear intent" thing that comes into play. I have an idea: If I want to avoid my vote for Candidate B to be counted, don't vote for Candidate B.

Amazing how simple that is, isn't it?

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not so funny, you have the admit the ballot looks like it was marked by a third grader but I do agree that it shows clear intent. Just like a hanging chad shows clear intent.

The problem with the ballot in the picture is that it isn't properly marked just like a hanging chad isn't properly punched. Do I agree with either standard, no.

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Democrats are well on their way to stealing another election.

If Franken can't steal or manufacture enough votes to win, history tells us the democrat dominated Senate will steal it for him.

It's all over but the shouting.

15. Enoch

Enoch New Member

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So if Coleman wins it's a fair election but if Franken win's is the Dem's stealing.

I thought they were just counting the ballots which is the vote of the people. How do you cheat on that?

17. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Kinda like Bush in 2000 and 2004?

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go confronting right-wingers with facts. :laugh:

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Basic right-wing talking point, LeBuick. If the Democrats win they cheated, if Republicans win they did it fair and square. :laugh:

20. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Exactly what I was thinking. Those who called Democrats crybabies and criticized them for not being happy about the outcome of Bush v. Gore; are now doing the exact same thing they criticized others for.

Sauce for the goose, anyone?