1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All lives matter and it is a matter of life and death

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Santha, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Santha

Santha Administrator
    Administrator

All lives matter and it is a matter of life and death

Like a lot of you folks, my heart aches when I heard about shooting of Castile,Laquan mcdonald and several other people of color and minorities in the last few days and years.
    Equally I am afflicted with pain for cops who got shot in Dallas.

My prayers and support to their families.

Ok I am going to leave all the complexities and exceptions out of the picture and try to picture this whole environment like a Fifth grader.

So here is who we are.

In one way or form or another we fit in one or more of these broadly classified groups.

[​IMG]

So what is wrong? And whose fault is this?

Here are all the players that are involved in all of these incidents

1 COPS

We have good, bad ,racist and noble cops

2 PEOPLE

we have good, bad, racist and noble people.

Each of our attitude and behaviors are shaped by different life experiences, in order not to lose focus and dilute this post I am not going to go in those details.

3 GOVERNMENT

We have our government and politicians who make laws and form policies and govern them.

4 GUNS

This is a contraption which points and shoots.
    Doesn’t know if it is a good or a bad situation and doesn’t know if it's put to use to protect or harm.

“BUT DON’T FORGET THIS - IT CAN HARM AND KILL”

Cops are there to protect people.

Since the people are made of mix of good and bad apples.

Bad ones hurt other people and cops.

Cops are made of similar mix of good and bad.

They are more partial to some than the others.

Please see - by no means I am trying to underplay the severity and the graveness of the situation we have.

I am simplifying it to get to the root of it, so we don’t focus on our past and various other factors that play into this.

In the defense of cops, they risk their lives everyday, as we know they are not superhumans.

They can get hurt or die in the job, not many of us have that in our job description.

So what is the solution to the problem?

I strongly feel the law makers need to step in and elevate the system rather putting bandaid fixes and short term reactive measures.

Solutions (not fantasies)

• When the cops are sent into the field they are sent with guns but the people who they police upon have that too.

• Or so we need Andy griffith - no that can’t be possible?

• Come on we are living in 21st century with all the technology advancements we have.

• Is body cam the only solution?
    Bullet Proof Suits

• What about 100% bullet proof suits - which completely protects the cops which puts them at ease, so they can assess and better respond to the situation instead of reacting to their reflexes and instincts
    Instant tranquilizers

• Safe and effective tranquilizers which can put the person trying to harm to TEMPORARY SLEEP, without causing trauma
    High Power Tasers

• Safe and effective tasers which can incapacitate the misbehaving or people trying to inflict harm.
    Sonic and Ultrasonic weapons

• Highly targeted and effective guns which doesn’t kill people but temporarily incapacitates them.
    Drone Cops/Near virtualization

• Think of the cop sitting in his car sending the drone out.

• Using drones “To communicate not to harm”

• Drones can be used to establish the initial communication and asses the situation before the suitable response is selected.
    Training and Consolidation

• Better training and centeralization of the police force may help a little

• But training is not foolproof.

• There is also a lot community specific ethos which might be lost.

Sure all of this has cost implications and some might not even exist.

But this is a matter of life and death, being one of the greatest nations in the world.

This our call for greatness.

We have an opportunity to lead the other countries into a better future.

Were violence doesn’t necessarily means loss of lives.

Our political leaders need to challenge the marketplace leaders to innovate and invest in this area.

How is our 2020 going to look?

Where are the times when JFK wanted to put a man on the moon.

This can’t be that hard.

This is an open call to the our government leaders and politicians to solve this crisis through innovation and other non traditional means.

Thank you - The People

• Like Like x 1
  2. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All LIVES MATTER to Jesus ( Yeshua ) Christ!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Until the recent mass murder of cops, the media narrative was anyone saying "all lives matter" are racists.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again All Lives Matter to our LORD / KING / MESSIAH /SAVIOR - Jesus ( Yeshua ) Christ, as HE Died on the Cross for All of our sins, and HE AROSE on the Third DAY and is ALIVE on the RIGHT HAND Side of GOD our FATHER who art in Heaven Above!!

All Lives Matter to Jesus-Yeshua Christ!! ( https://kristiann1.com/2016/06/23/almj/ ) Lots of King James Authorized Version Holy Bible Scriptures!!

Love Always and Shalom ( Peace ) Everyone, YSIC \o/

Kristi Ann