1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All the Godzilla Movies Are Streaming for Free. Here’s How to Watch.

Discussion in 'TV Shows and Movies' started by KenH, Jul 1, 2023.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonderful news!!!! The list of the movies is in the linked story.

' In its official announcement, Pluto TV declared:

“The King of the Monsters has made landfall on Pluto TV! Emerging in 1954, Godzilla has become a global icon and symbol that has transcended time and pop culture. After debuting as a terror that descended upon Tokyo, Godzilla has fought numerous foes and gained new allies over several distinct eras. While most Godzilla films stand alone in their zeitgeist, the evolution of Godzilla followed advancements and film and technology along with cultural trends, yet always staying rooted in the origins from 1954. Now, fans can celebrate one of the world's most famous entertainment characters with the Godzilla channel collection and experience their favorite movie moments from the never-ending clash between kaiju and humankind." '

The Most Influential Sci-Fi Franchise of All Time Just Got a New Streaming Home (inverse.com)

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    wont have time - Three months ago I schedule the weekend for my "watch paint dry" days.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, thanks. This is a deal-breaker:

Notably missing from the list are movies from the franchise’s more recent Reiwa era (2016-present), like the critically acclaimed (and arguably, all-time best) Shin Godzilla.​

:Wink

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lord willing, I am fixin' to start going through all of the Godzilla movies again - which I have on DVD or Blu-ray - in anticipation of the "Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire" comes out next year(and which I previously did before "Godzilla vs. Kong" came out in 2021); my first watch of "Shin Godzilla" was not as appreciative of it as I see other people say about it. Maybe I will like it more the second time around.

6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Compare and contrast 1954 and 1956 Godzilla movies, and just how serious those were compared to the clowning around later ones!

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    First off, I like to watch the non-English dubbed versions. If I recall correctly, except for maybe one or two of the movies, I can watch them in the original Japanese with English subtitles.

I much prefer the original 1954 Japanese version using the subtitles compared to the Americanized 1956 version with Raymond Burr. The original captures much more of the emotion the movie was intended to convey in response to the atomic bombs that the United States dropped on two Japanese cities in 1945.

I love all of the Godzilla movies - serious or otherwise(even the 1998 Roland Emmerich-directed movie, just not as a "Godzilla" movie). My favorites, in no particular order except for the first one are:

1) 1954 original Japanese version
    2) 2014 Godzilla
    3) Godzilla 2000: Millennium
    4) 1962 King Kong vs. Godzilla
    5) 1964 Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster
    6) 1989 Godzilla vs. Biollante
    7) 1964 Mothra vs. Godzilla

8. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

The first 2 were showing him as being really no nonsense force of nature

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Godzilla collectible for the 60th anniversary in 2014.

upload_2023-7-4_11-8-24.png